The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 18, 2012, 05:29:12 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 18, 2012, 03:27:01 PM
plan c is if scotch was found to cure aids then you should die of pneumonia....shtein is ungawdly awful and if your first forray into the world of liquor is thru scotch you will never get any further...

Scotch is whiskey that was made in Scotland. All scotch is whiskey although not all whiskey is scotch.

yeah i know this...but what does it have to do with scotch tasting like feces

and im with sunny except i can barely even smell the stuff without dry heaving

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 18, 2012, 06:28:30 PM
Thanks IGY, wasnt sure if it was worth putting good bourbon in or not. 

not that it matters and if you like bourbon better use it but a true old fashioned is made with rye....i happen to prefer rye over bourbon anyway

as for the quality of the booze it may be worth it to you...i personally know several people who would punch me in the face for saying it isnt...i just think when you are muddling and mixing like you do with an OF its not that important....other people say well its still 90% liquor being used so it should be good stuff....cant really argue with that but i dont need it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Tequila and Vodka is as crazy as I get...unless Sarge comes around with his Maker's Mark bottle (which we still have in our kitchen...untouched).

I don't have enough hair on my chest to drink that shtein. I'll stick to craft beers.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

tequila is more evil than any whiskey imo

Rome

Whiskey tastes like shtein and so does every other liquor.  Doesn't mean I won't get farged up drinking Crown & Coke or Captain & Gingers all night, but still, it tastes like alcohol.   

ice grillin you

i feel the same exact way but replace liquor with beer

Munson

Anyone who things Dogfish 90 minute tastes like Yuengling tastes like Bud Light has definitely never actually drank beer with an open mind...but look who we're talking about here

I usually stick to rum when it comes to liquor, but I also enjoy gin and Southern Comfort...whatever the hell that counts as

Chuggy...any good west coast beers that you think might make it all the way out here to tiny DE? I've been looking to expand my horizons but I've been unable to find anything new I really enjoy in a while. Just been on a Dogfish kick. Which you should try to get your hands on, BTW, if you haven't already.

I generally like dark/amber/brown beers that don't taste as dark as they look...when the hops are balanced out by the malt, and aren't stouts. I've tried so many times to get into stouts but I have yet to find one I like.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

+1 to IGY for the rye advice. -1 for missing the boat on good scotch.

Munson, have you ever tried any of the Russian River ales? They make some of the best IPAs out there.

Munson

I don't think so...definitely don't recognize the name. I tried so many beers at the bar but I still recognize names when I hear them.

I used to try all my beers at Firewaters up in PA but they went wayyyy downhill with their beer selection these days. I gotta check out the new Gastropub that just opened up in Branmar Plaza, they claim to have 24 craft beers on tap.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I got a bottle of Rye a little while ago called Redemption.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

the newest addition to my liquor cabinet came from a friend who went to the Galapagos Islands a couple weeks ago and brought this from Ecuador:

I don't know what it is but I'm going to start drinking it tonight.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

I was in Firewaters the weekend of the beer fest in Kennett Square. Pretty interesting place, but too Hooters-ish for me.

The one I'm looking for is called Pliny the Elder. I'm not sure where to get it on tap, but I see from the Russian River website that it's sold at Brewers Outlet on 202, and also at Waywood Beverage in Kennett. Funny to think that you'd have to wander into PA - and buy and entire case - to try it.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Diomedes on January 18, 2012, 08:01:05 PM
the newest addition to my liquor cabinet came from a friend who went to the Galapagos Islands a couple weeks ago and brought this from Ecuador:

Looks like a nice tequila to me. I'm interested in seeing how it works for you.

reese125

Quote from: Rome on January 18, 2012, 07:18:11 PM
Whiskey tastes like shtein and so does every other liquor.  Doesn't mean I won't get farged up drinking Crown & Coke or Captain & Gingers all night, but still, it tastes like alcohol.

Crown has been my choice of drink for 4 years now. Go to a bar-its Crown with a splash. I've become infatuated with the taste of Crown Black.

Tomahawk

Quote from: reese125 on January 18, 2012, 06:56:06 PM
Anyone ever have Patron XO cafe?

shtein is too good. Highly recommend it.

Might as well drink Kahlua

Diomedes

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 18, 2012, 08:03:22 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 18, 2012, 08:01:05 PM

Looks like a nice tequila to me. I'm interested in seeing how it works for you.

Tastes like some kind of rum.