The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 18, 2012, 12:38:46 PM
IGY, I decided to try and actually drink something that isnt on the rocks or straight.  What type of bourbon would you recommend for an Old Fashioned

i prefer rye to bourbon....or a blended whiskey

i usually make them with old overholt

but if going bourbon id just stick to a beam or something along those lines...imo an old fashioned doesnt require a top notch bottle...in fact i dont hesitate to make them with canadian club....imperial or even philadelphia

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Ok, how do you guys make the jump to bourbon, whiskey, etc.

Did you guys just run out of beer and that was all that was left?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i hate the taste of beer so it was easy for me

im probably not the person to ask about it tho as im definitely not a connoisseur...i dont drink liquor without a mixer like it seems most people here do...my recommendation would be to buy some rot got blended whiskey and mix with a coke big gulp...thats how i got started

DH

buy a few different bottles, and each night get shteinfaced drunk on a different one.

the bottle which tasted the best and left the least of a hangover wins.

hbionic

IGY, the coke big gulp sounds like a good idea. If that doesn't work, I'll go to plan B as DH recommended.

DH

there's no reason to ruin good scotch by adding 144 ounces of flat soda. go with plan b and thank me later.

ice grillin you

plan c is if scotch was found to cure aids then you should die of pneumonia....shtein is ungawdly awful and if your first forray into the world of liquor is thru scotch you will never get any further...

SunMo

yeah, tried scotch once and wanted throw up
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 18, 2012, 03:27:01 PM
plan c is if scotch was found to cure aids then you should die of pneumonia....shtein is ungawdly awful and if your first forray into the world of liquor is thru scotch you will never get any further...

Scotch is whiskey that was made in Scotland. All scotch is whiskey although not all whiskey is scotch.

rjs246

Quote from: SunMo on January 18, 2012, 03:29:21 PM
yeah, tried scotch once and wanted throw up

Were you twelve? This is the most vaginastic statement I've read since Bud Lime.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Seabiscuit36

Thanks IGY, wasnt sure if it was worth putting good bourbon in or not. 

And for scotch, start off with 5 fingers work your way down to none, so the opposite of your sex life hbionic. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

Anyone ever have Patron XO cafe?

shtein is too good. Highly recommend it.