The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

I get the Saphire 1.75 L for $29 on sale. One of the best liquor deals doing.

Munson

Fanboy-Gasm

18%, 4.5%, 18%
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

I love how they put the bright green "holy shtein" caps on the high ABV stuff.

The ta henket sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I picked up a bomber of Stone Double bastich. Whew, is that hoppy! But it's still pretty damned good. We have a gigantic (3 liter) bottle of the stuff that I found this time last year. We just need enough people around who would appreciate the hops for more than a few sips...

Munson

I tried that stuff at Firewaters a couple years back...good god. Hoppy doesn't even do it justice lol

The Claymont Total Wine had them tonight Sus, but they were tucked in that section where all the cases are to the right of the beer isle when you walk in. I was pissed because I couldn't find it (after finding a ton of 120 and only a couple bottles of the Fort sitting there)...then before I left figured I'd walk through those piles of cases they have and found a bunch of it.

I have a feeling it's gonna be "just another Dogfish" to me (as in nothing that separates it like Immort or 120 or Theobroma in terms of taste), but I still love trying everything they do.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

just trying this tonight for the first time....really potent shtein but also really good...kind of like a rye moonshine....

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

sounds delicious, hipster

my current standby, neat at my left hand as I type.  gun farging slinger.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i wish i did
like on some mad men steeze
but i dont like shtein neat....

in fact other than gm i dont farg with anything neat

disclaimer: i despise scotch which is the ultimate neat drink

Diomedes

It's alright, you'll learn to love them all neat eventually.

Grand Marnier after dinner is the only dessert I ever order.  The higher marques are fantastic too, but my god the cost.

Eagaholic

I think scotch is best with a little splash of water. It opens it up. Most of the scotch makers drink it like that.

One of the rare times I got violently ill from alcohol was from scotch and beer as a teen and couldn't tolerate even the smell for decades. About three years ago really started getting into it though and love it now. Igy you might be surprised with a non smokey one like macallan 12yr old with some ice cold water. Beautiful malt flavor and very smooth.

phattymatty

i got a rando package today from some dude i kind of work with all the time in new york, and it ended up being a 2002 dom perignon. i have not checked but thats at least a $200 bottle.

gonna blast it with my mom xmas morning.

hbionic

What is there not to love about Matty?

Make this man a Saint. Now.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on December 24, 2011, 12:21:09 AM
I think scotch is best with a little splash of water. It opens it up. Most of the scotch makers drink it like that.

One of the rare times I got violently ill from alcohol was from scotch and beer as a teen and couldn't tolerate even the smell for decades. About three years ago really started getting into it though and love it now. Igy you might be surprised with a non smokey one like macallan 12yr old with some ice cold water. Beautiful malt flavor and very smooth.

ive tried a dozen different scotches....both really high end and average and i physically cant get any of them down....trust me i wanna like scotch but its straight up putrid

Rome