The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

The great thing about our weekend is that we stayed at the motel that is literally 2 doors from the brewpub. Drink and stagger home is the way to go. My son and I closed the place on Friday night. I think the employees wanted us to get the hell out, but we nursed our beers as long a possible.

shorebird

Quote from: Diomedes on November 03, 2011, 06:49:32 PM
That's the same company that own's Ram's Head Tavern on West Street, whatever they call the location on General's Highway that used to be Rudy's, and the movie-theater-cum-nightclub Ram's Head Live in downtown Baltimore.

Their beer is alright, but doesn't compare to Brewer's Art or Heavy Seas, both in Baltimore.

Well I'll most definitly have to try those two if you think they beat Fordhams.  They must be really good.

Diomedes

Brewer's Art just started selling their signature brew, "Resurrection Ale," in cans.  You might be able to find it on the Shore in a large store that stocks specialty stuff.   I think Heavy Seas has broader distribution than Brewer's Art, so it should be easier to find.  The Heavy Seas beer I know best is called Loose Cannon.  Very good.

If you're ever in Baltimore, the Brewer's Art bar/restaurant is a great place and of course they have several of their beers on tap.  My favorite of theirs is called "Ozzy."

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MMH

Be warned.  Their alcohol content is higher than most.
It was touch and go Tuesday morning.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Eagaholic

Quote from: MMH on November 04, 2011, 08:07:10 AM
Be warned.  Their alcohol content is higher than most.
It was touch and go Tuesday morning.

I usually wait til lunch for the stronger brews. Try a nice lager for breakfast. I don't like Fosters all that much but for some reason it goes well with oatmeal.

Diomedes

I love drinking in the morning, drunk at 2.  Followed by a nap.  Then dinner and early to bed.

F'n nice day.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

there really is nothing better than daytime drinking...of course like an idiot i always carry it to the next morning
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Never had the Hellhound. The Immort I had once on tap. Can't remember how much I liked it, so I think I liked it :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

Dogfish Head is a Delaware brewery, and I would probably guess one of the more famous "small" craft beer breweries. They had a show on one of those Discovery Channels for a while, and they're beer is pretty widely distributed. Not sure how much of it, if any, makes it out to CA though.

If you're into beer that's a bit different, and strong, you'd like it. The Burton Baton is 10%, the Hellound is 10%, and the Immort is 11%.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MMH

Quote from: Munson on November 23, 2011, 01:59:21 PM
Dogfish Head is a Delaware brewery, and I would probably guess one of the more famous "small" craft beer breweries. They had a show on one of those Discovery Channels for a while, and they're beer is pretty widely distributed. Not sure how much of it, if any, makes it out to CA though.

If you're into beer that's a bit different, and strong, you'd like it. The Burton Baton is 10%, the Hellound is 10%, and the Immort is 11%.
I've had dogfish head beers before, but I've never seen any of those.

Munson

They're more widely distributed ones are 60 Minute and 90 minute IPA, Midas Touch, among a few others. That picture is beers that are only brewed and released a couple times a year. I think the Immort Ale is only released once a year. Easy to find here in DE, probably not so much the further away you get. Though I have a friend who lives in Chicago who frequents a bar that gets some of their other harder to find brews.

Susquehanna Birder

Some of the more limited beers from Dogfish only come out in the larger "bomber" bottles. I scored a bottle of Black and Blue, and I'm hoping to enjoy it before long. We also have a bunch of different limited release stuff. It's actually starting to build up to the point where the bottles are getting in the way. We're going to have to actually drink 'em, I suppose.

Diomedes

It's kind of fanboy-ish to just collect them, don't you think?  Cheers!