The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

i smell vagina.  i inject everclear directly into my heart, lungs, and brain.

Sgt PSN

hoyda.  a real man would shoot it up his pee hole with a turkey baster. 

LBIggle

dude, i'm talking about partying.  i'm using the turkey baster right now, and probably before i go on my next flight. 

Sgt PSN

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on December 09, 2009, 11:03:06 PM
BTW...they toned the 120 back a while ago. It's now around 18% ABV.

I had read the same thing Sus, but I was surprised when I saw that the description still reads as 21% at Total Wine. But it's very possible they just haven't bothered updating it.

My personal favorite Dogfish Head is the 90 minute. The 60 minute is terrible, I thought I could like it at first but 90 minute blows it out of the water, especially when it's draft. I may have my expectations too high for the 120, but if it's as good as the 90, it'll be fine by me. But I also haven't tried a lot of their brews, mostly the "ancient" ones. Midas Touch didn't really do it for me though.

I had a bottle of Old Scratch Amber Lager from Flying Dog tonight.....meh. Nothing special.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

IGY would like Midas Touch, it taste like grape soda
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

fifty cent sodas in the hood they goin crazy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

mussa

i killed a bottle of ten high the other night. by myself
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

went to "The Hole in the Wall" bar at the Bayard House in Chesapeake City yesterday.  No Sarge its not a glory hole spot, just wish it was.  Probably the best bloody mary i've ever had, but it was small and 9 bucks.  We normally go for the Wednesday or Thursday drink specials, good place if any of you are in the Chesapeake City area.   
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 13, 2009, 07:36:19 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on December 13, 2009, 03:44:03 PM
if any of you are in the Chesapeake City area.   

ha
dont hate, you'd like it fool.  I've put the offer out there on your trips back, wifey would enjoy that

Eagaholic

Accomplished my personal goal of 5 different scotches during the Giants game.

McCallan 12 year is a best buy  - got on sale for $35 and is a nice holiday treat. Drinks better than most $60 - 75 bottles. Velvety smooth with a small dash of water. Nice malt flavor, though not at all smokey. Delicious, narrowly edges Johnny Walker gold.

Seabiscuit36

Talisker 10year is delicious

MMH

MacCallan at $35 is a good buy.  Wish I could get it at that price out here (Chicagoland).
Got Lagavulin 16 for Xmas.  It really is a LOT better than the 12.