The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

methdeez

Upon consulting with the internet, I think I am going with Woodford Reserve, $34.99 a 5th.

Munson

Just went to total wine looking for Brown Aled Girl....and walked right into what is to date my favorite beer, Winters Bourbon Cask Ale. I already know it's not going to taste nearly as good as it did when I had it draft, but mmmm.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

methdeez

Quote from: methdeez on October 27, 2009, 01:35:13 PM
Upon consulting with the internet, I think I am going with Woodford Reserve, $34.99 a 5th.

This was really delicious by the way. I heartily recommend it.

Munson

Just got my hands on a bottle of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. 21% alcohol, 9 bucks a bottle...I'm savin her for the weekend.

Also been getting into a brewery that's apparently somewhere in Maryland near the Delaware line and is now in Delaware called Fordham. I sampled some of their beers last week and I liked all 3 of them, so I just went to total wine and made a variety 6er with some of them. SB or any other Marylanders ever had em?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Munson on December 09, 2009, 07:16:24 PM
Just got my hands on a bottle of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. 21% alcohol, 9 bucks a bottle...I'm savin her for the weekend.

That stuff tastes like shtein.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

that's because trashy people have bad taste. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on December 09, 2009, 09:16:16 PM
Quote from: Munson on December 09, 2009, 07:16:24 PM

That stuff tastes like shtein.

id rather eat shtein than drink that stuff...theres a dogfish restaurant brewery near my house and i was there one night and saw that stuff...i normally dont go near microbrews as i despise 95% of them but when i saw 21% beer i had to try it....i think i made it five excruciating sips in before i gave up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

LOL at you guys calling Dogfish trashy.  Its strong as farg, but not trashy. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

munson is trashy not dogfish
dogfish is just horrible
munson is that as well

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhanInDC

Some Dogfish isn't bad. The 120 IPA is just over the top, and I seriously doubt anyone sits and sips at a beer like that. It's just awful. I love strong, hoppy beers, but that one in particular is nasty in any amount.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Susquehanna Birder

You have to realize that 120 isn't a casual, pedestrian beer that you just down like there's five minutes left in happy hour.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on December 09, 2009, 10:26:15 PM
Some Dogfish isn't bad. The 120 IPA is just over the top, and I seriously doubt anyone sits and sips at a beer like that. It's just awful. I love strong, hoppy beers, but that one in particular is nasty in any amount.

i always wanna try and describe it to people but you just cant...you have to actually taste it to really appreciate and understand its epic awfulness

Seabiscuit36

What's your feelings on the 90ipa?  I understand the 120 has way too much octane for most people, and its something you sip on rather than chug.  I'm a huge fan of the 90ipa, and an even bigger fan of Stone IPA
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder

BTW...they toned the 120 back a while ago. It's now around 18% ABV.