The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

I'm still hungover from a bachelor party Saturday.  I keep randomly feeling like I'm about to pass out.  Impressive display of destroying myself. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

dc just opened up its first legal distillery today...stopping by after work to get a bottle of their first batch of gin.

Diomedes

for consumption tonight, AMIRITE!?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Went to the brew fest in Kennett Square this weekend, and it was excellent. We had tickets for the "connoisseur event," which let us try from about 38 different brews for the first hour and a half. The full event included something like 70 to 80 breweries, and it was packed with people.

One of my faves was the Allagash Curieux, which is a Belgian tripel aged in bourbon barrels.

We went to Total Wine and picked up a few bottles to bring home for a special occasion.

phattymatty

just bought a bottle of this today...saffron infused gin. clerk told me it was great but i'm skeptical. but hey, orange gin.

Munson

A Two Stones Pub opened up here and I went last week. They had just had a Dogfish Tap takevoer the day before so it was nearly all Dogfish. They had a keg of 2009 Old School that tasted delicious. 100% better than a brand new bottle of the stuff.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

Was it just a straight keg, or was it a firkin?

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on October 05, 2012, 07:49:11 PM
Was it just a straight keg, or was it a firkin?

hmm..I guess I have no idea. I assume a keg because they always have one beer there on cask that they advertise, so I would assume they'd advertise if they had any others not in the standard keg?

I'm not entirely sure what a firkin is though...they're similar to casks, no? usually wooden and smaller?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

A firkin and a cask is very similar, in that they are both lightly refrigerated and naturally carbonated. But usually with a firkin they put additional flavoring items into the barrel and age it to give it a different flavor.

phattymatty

that saffron gin i posted earlier was actually really good...finished most of the bottle just drinking it on the rocks, pretty delicious.

today i got a bottle of Bluecoat gin, pretty much because it's in a cool bottle. Mixed one up with Fever Tree tonic and cucumbers, one of the better G&Ts I've had.

also i have never seen or heard the word firkin. sounds like a retarded person trying to curse.

Susquehanna Birder

The kids' place had a pumpkin beer event on Friday. 11 different pumpkin beers on tap, one of them (Weyerbacher) in a firkin. I'm not a huge pumpkin beer fan, but it was nice doing a tasting flight.

SD

I had Saranac pumpkin ale last night. They come in this 32 oz. jug handle type for 5 so I gave it a try. Really wanted the Dogfish pumpkin ale but it was $10 for a 4 pack.

SunMo

i hate those "i was so drunk...." guys but i was so drunk at my sister in law's wedding.

started with a flask of jameson pre and post ceremony, and vodka tonics from 6pm to 330am.

i don't remember much from the hotel bar afterwards, except when the bartender called last call i ordered 5 v&t's to keep me going. 

story sucks, sorry.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i just shtein and the entire bathroom smelled like liquor
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous