Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Rome

I literally had no idea what Sassy was talking about at first.  I thought Ryan Howard initially then I remembered Dwight Howard played for the Magic.   

So good one, I guess?

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on September 28, 2016, 11:57:01 AM
If anyone says they're not expecting total farging disaster, they're either lying or their last name is Hentz.

I should change it to Wentz, no?

But for real...I am looking at this with a crooked eye. I expect him to regress until proven otherwise.

But if it is for real...man...when he gets better receivers and OL? Shiiiiiiiiit

Diomedes

Yes, you should.

https://twitter.com/JohnBarchard/status/781118996531802112

Kelce to Wentz:  Are you a farging robot?  What the farg?  You're playing Madden out there!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Sgt PSN

Of course he's going to regress. Hes a rook and the more film thats out there on him and Pederson, the more defensive coordinators are going to find ways to bring him down a peg or 2. Maybe that happens this year, maybe it's next year.  But even then, don't look at it as regression as much as it being time for adjustments. If he and Pederson are the real deal, they'll adjust quickly.  If they're hitting their peak right now, then it's back to the same old same old.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

lol IGY's prediction is the most predictable thing ever posted here
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on September 28, 2016, 12:33:20 PM
Quote from: hbionic on September 28, 2016, 12:12:49 PM
Rome, you're the guy who can't have nice things without complaining about them.

Call it 45 years of awareness as a Philly fan, Laker cum swallower.

Rot in Florida motherfarger and stop trying ruin my ginger experience. Not that the Big Brother experience wasn't good enough.  :-o
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 28, 2016, 02:22:55 PM
Of course he's going to regress. Hes a rook and the more film thats out there on him and Pederson, the more defensive coordinators are going to find ways to bring him down a peg or 2. Maybe that happens this year, maybe it's next year.  But even then, don't look at it as regression as much as it being time for adjustments. If he and Pederson are the real deal, they'll adjust quickly.  If they're hitting their peak right now, then it's back to the same old same old.

its hard to predict anything with him because he should be struggling mightily right now

either way theres no reason he should regress next year...he should by all rights have some rough games this year because of what you said but he damn well better be better next year than this

the thing that makes me so confident in him is his accuracy....as a DC you cant game plan for that...his success against the blitz is another great regression preventing trait as well...one of the ways to stagger a young qb is to come up with different blitz packages but this fool is already pre snap seeing eveything

again hes not going to have 0 inteceptions this year and hes yet to play a road game against a good team in a hostile enviroment but his make up is almost regression proof...its not like hes getting by on an amazing tool liek vick did with his feet or jeff george did with his arm...wentz best attributes are ones that you cant really coach against
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 28, 2016, 02:22:55 PM

I never want to wish for negative things on the guy, but we won't really know much about him for sure until he faces adversity and has to deal with the fans and the media. And it's just a matter of time before it hits the fan. If he holds up under the pressure of that, he'll have a brilliant future in this town.

Rome

If he wins Philly a farging Super Bowl, he'll make Ben Franklin look like a gutter bum by historical comparison.   

smeags

hell, they'll replace billy penn with his staute on top of city hall.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

If Wentz wins a chip, Philly will be known as the city of gingerly love and boat house row will start using red lights.