This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yep same here

Don't empty the minors out for one guy

MDS

their system is deep enough, though not on elite talent, to do it. they have a ton of decent pitchers and position players and wont miss it if a few left. for me its just the nature of it being too soon....by the time theyre ready sale will be 30. just doesnt make sense.

apparently someone offered the sox a "kings ransom" for him and they said no. so whatever.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

If someone offered a kings ransom for a guy who plays once a week, they're straight retarded. 

Too much can go wrong with pitchers to do that.  That's why you draft a thousand of them and buy hitters when your young staff hits its stride.  Or supplement with the occasional ace in free agency if you have the dough (which they will).

ice grillin you

30 isn't that old but the chances the Phillies are contenders in 2-3 years is slim to none...soooo many young players have to develop and become major leaguers...lets hope 25% of them become at least good major leaguers...when that happens then start adding huge fa/trade chips...why give up a bunch of them before we know if basically any of them are going to be long term quality ml players...they are doing it the right way now flooding the system with quality prospects and hoping the more you have the more chance a couple become all stars....if they had steven Strasberg or kris Bryant type prospects that were almost locks to become ml studs then maybe you take the chance

Quote from: Rome on July 21, 2016, 04:01:16 PM
That's why you draft a thousand of them and buy hitters when your young staff hits its stride.

problem is their system is loaded with great offensive players not so much pitchers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

this weekend is going to be really fun to see how the three kids do

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2016, 04:43:16 PM
this weekend is going to be really fun to see how the three kids do

so far so farging good....it's been a pleasure thus far zach

QB Eagles

Beautiful CG SO. Can't ask for more than that.

SD

Pretty Eflin good pitching performance tonight

Geowhizzer

Hell of a game by Eflin. Big turnaround from his first couple of starts.

ice grillin you

I was just looking at the individual leaders in cg to see where eflin stood and noticed only six teams have more than him

MDS

still think hes closer to vance worley than anything but what the farg, see where this goes
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

via eye test he has way better stuff than Worley...doesn't mean he will be significantly better cause of things like location and adapting to batters but hes starting from a much better place

Don Ho

Vanimal?  Maybe, guess I can see that but he had the benefit of pitching when the bums were significant and won 102 games.

F'n is playing with horse shtein right now and two complete games in July with those clowns is legit.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome