This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Been on this board since roughly 2002, none of us are any bigger fans than the rest. How we root is just different.

mds is the nerdy analytical fan
Jay is the homer
igy is the cynic
Ed is the useless stat guy
Rome is the creeper
Geo is a win or lose die hard fan

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on May 27, 2016, 08:40:01 PM
i think 2017 will be more fun, but likely not enough to compete. 2018, if everything goes well, will be the year to start really taking what goes on on the field seriously. see you there.

Could not agree with you more.  this has been a pleasant surprise.  Honestly, it was the bums who should have been the ones in the Braves position.  15 games out, struggling, embarrassing, but it was expected.  2.5 games out was not.  It's not going to last, we all now that.  Enjoying.  Next season will be fun and 2018 but more realistically 2019 we can all stress out again like we did 2007 - 2011.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

I don't see how next season is any more fun than this year in terms of wins and losses...unless klentak goes off course and signs some difference maker fa's....the fun will be in seeing jp nick Williams maybe another young arm....which will be awesome but it actually might mean less or same wins as this year

MDS

itll be more fun because

g  jp
cesar kingery
howard
bourjos williams
cuzzo
altherr
hellickson  thompson
morgan efflin
lively
appel
and some bullpen arms!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you are way more bullish than me on their prospects but yes I agree the more prospects up the more fun....its just not going to translate into wins and maybe actually mean more losses

btw no chance kingery goes from Clearwater to philly in the next 10 months

MDS

i never said more wins, just more fun

kingery will be in AA 2nd half and start 17 in AAA....hes a college kid expected to move through the system quickly. could i be wrong? MAYBE!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

kingery future 2b maybe....kingery in philly next year no way

ice grillin you

phils are +250 right now

if this holds I'm hittin my book tomorrow morn....has really good value

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2016, 12:17:08 AM
kingery future 2b maybe....kingery in philly next year no way

pulling half seasons at each level is very common. that would get him to the bigs summer 17.

not saying it will happen, but its in the mix along with 100 other things.

ice grillin you

you are saying summer of 2017 like it's not next year

MDS

im saying kingery playing 3 months at each level, if all goes well, then moving on is a realistic path.

well know for sure within a month or two if he gets a promotion to reading. im not even sure about williams this year considering his mediocre output against lhp and bad k/bb ratio. strap in.

ice grillin you

I think nick gets sept this year but I agree it's not close to a guarantee

PhillyPhreak54

Getting owned by a pedestrian pitcher today

Blah

ice grillin you