Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

i liked the alternative ending in Legend, but IGY is right. I had so many questions about the mutated people, they really didn't do a good job explaining what they were, one minute they were blood thirsty, the next they weren't. Another part that annoyed me was when he asked if she knew who bob marley was...that was just cheese

overall i liked it. the cgi wasn't really that good, they could of done bettter in a lot of parts, but oh well. anything dealing with the apocalypse is alright in my book
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

i've heard of that marley fellow.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on March 27, 2008, 09:51:09 AM

overall i liked it. the cgi wasn't really that good, they could of done bettter in a lot of parts, but oh well. anything dealing with the apocalypse is alright in my book

CGI would be fine if they toned it down a bit. Now they're making everything in every movie above and beyond, like when he was running them over and the suv flipped and the 2 zombies did that headbutt thing.

Rome

You can thank George Lucas for that.  Ironic, I know...

mussa

yea and they could of explained that these mutants had retard strength or something, then maybe the head-butting wouldn't be so cheesy...what were they thinking?
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on March 27, 2008, 10:07:31 AM
You can thank George Lucas for that.  Ironic, I know...

He introduced the technology, he didn't tell film makers to make every thing over the top with every scene a near miss.

SunMo

it was obvious though that Will Smith was wrong when he said they were getting more desperate because of lack of food.  as soon as he said that in the movie, i told myself he was wrong.  it was obvious to me that they had some level of intelligence and communication.  he saw them as mindless monsters, just out to kill him.  but there was more to it than that, which is kind of the point of the movie. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

that movie was the opposite of what i expected.  i thought will smith was not going to pull off being the only one on-screen, and the zombies/whatever they were would be cool.  instead i thought he did an awesome job, and then once the chick and her stupid kid showed up, it went down the drain.

SD_Eagle5

I liked the scene where he flips out on the bitch for making his bacon.

phattymatty

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on March 27, 2008, 10:17:21 AM
it was obvious though that Will Smith was wrong when he said they were getting more desperate because of lack of food.  as soon as he said that in the movie, i told myself he was wrong.  it was obvious to me that they had some level of intelligence and communication.  he saw them as mindless monsters, just out to kill him.  but there was more to it than that, which is kind of the point of the movie. 

but you cant attack and devour anything that moves just cause its dark out and then wanna put your head on someones shoulder and cry...it not believable

will smith even said that something like 11 million people in the world were immune to the virus but that the infected ate them all...11 million people

you either gotta be like that gaywad powder or like dawn of the dead...the off and on in bwteen stuff doesnt work
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 27, 2008, 10:22:41 AM

will smith even said that something like 11 million people in the world were immune to the virus but that the infected ate them all...11 million people

It was either cannibalism or leftover Applebee's. 

mussa

Into the Wild - 2.5/5

Beowulf - I actually really liked this movie. The animations were fantastic. Other than some cheesy moments here and there, it was a pretty awesome and gruesome movie. 4/5

phattymatty

My Blueberry Nights - Norah Jones isn't that good of an actor, but she is still hot.  Add in Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz and you at least have some nice womens to look at.  Maybe this is the reason I liked it, because I did, but don't know why.  Not much really happens, and some of the dialogue is super cheesy. 

It's really well shot though.  Great cinematography, colors, angles, stuff like that.  Jude Law also plays a big role along with a few other faces I recognized.  I guess with this much star power I expected more from it.  Something is just missing overall.  But like I said, for some reason I enjoyed it.  Natalie is turning into a very hot older woman.