2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

I took the speedline and subway from haddonfield to game 4 of the world series.  it was nuts.  I can't imagine it's going to be much better.

i think i am gonna drive and hope to get a spot in the cbp parking lot.  

Rome

Getting a room tonight near the airport might not be a bad idea.   That way parking won't be a problem.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on October 30, 2008, 04:34:23 PM
Getting a room tonight near the airport might not be a bad idea.   That way parking won't be a problem.

wanna share a room?  Red eye to Philly gets me there at 8:00 AM.  I'll bring the booze.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

OK, the dumb Hawaiian needs some advice here.  Is it best to just go ahead and order WS t-shirts, caps, etc from mlb.com or does Modell's have a website?  Any other suggestions?  I am wearing out the only three Phillies t-shirts and one polo shirt I own.  My wife is ready to pour kerosene on them.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

dis12

leavin NJ around 10am.   takin PATCO to either Market or Locust...from there who knows.  It's gonna be a phreakin zoo!
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Munson

I think I'm just gonna catch a train tomorrow morning from here.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

easy to just bike there if you lives 10 mins from city hall.

got a daily news, say NO inqs anywhere, but my pops gets it to his house so hes gonna give me his. set-up.

there is a world series shop on like 12th and market, i stopped in there lookin for them gray playoff sweatshirts but them jaws aint real sweatshirt, they ride up on your wrist and arent comfortable. so i dont know. i ordered a why cant us shirt last night, at least that cake goes to als.

game scored 51 rating in philly last night. with bars and parties you had to figure close to 2/3 or 3/4ths of the city was watching.

also c matthews knows what time it is

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Please tell me you guys have seen the video of the 18 year old fan that ran screaming past the CSN camera right after the game....and when whoever it was held the mic to him he stopped screaming and tried to look normal.

farging hilarious :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Quote from: Don Ho on October 30, 2008, 04:43:57 PM

wanna share a room?  Red eye to Philly gets me there at 8:00 AM.  I'll bring the booze.

I can't fly up.  I'd like to but I can't make it.

PhillyPhreak54

hunt

Quote from: Don Ho on October 30, 2008, 04:43:57 PM

hott
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Seabiscuit36

i need to find the Fox feed from last night where the camera guy clearly took a bong hit
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Edit: Got two tickets to the Linc, here's the lowdown

QuoteWorld Series Celebration Ticket Opportunity - INTERNET ONLY

Dear Eagles Season Ticket Holder,

We congratulate the 2008 World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies. The Philadelphia Eagles would like to present a unique opportunity for the fans of Philadelphia. We are pleased to announce that tomorrow's parade route will make an initial stop at Lincoln Financial Field, where the Phillies will address the crowd and present the Championship trophy. Details:

The entire parade, from beginning to end will be shown LIVE on the EagleVision boards in the stadium.

Special appearance by the entire World Series Champion team at Lincoln Financial Field.

Concessions and official World Series merchandise will be available.

Gates open at 10AM and you must present a ticket for admission – tickets must be printed at home or work via TicketMaster TicketFast.

The parade will begin at approximately 12 noon at 20th and Market and make its way to the sports complex. The celebration at the stadium will begin between 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (estimated time).

The Eagles would like to extend an opportunity for you to receive up to 2 tickets to this special event (WHILE SUPPLIES LAST).

Event: Celebration of Phillies World Championship

Date: Friday, October 31

Gates Open: 10:00 AM

Approximate start time: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm

Please note: Only fans with tickets will be admitted into the stadium for the celebration. Due to limited availability we are only able to offer 2 tickets per account.

THESE TICKETS WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE ONLINE VIA THE LINK AND PASSWORD PROVIDED BELOW.

Please CLICK HERE and enter PASSWORD: SERIES to take advantage of this offer AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TODAY, Thursday, October 30th. These tickets are first come first served and will be made available to the public at 3pm today.

Delivery of Tickets - Tickets will ONLY be available to print through TicketMaster TicketFast at the time the reservation is completed. You must print these tickets and bring with you to gain admittance.

To order tickets, please follow the steps below:
1.Click on the link below
2.Select your ticket quantity
3.Enter the Season Ticket Holder presale password
4.Purchase tickets
5.Print your tickets via TicketFast
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
PASSWORD: SERIES

NOTE: Parking for this event will be very limited, so please plan on using public transportation as much as possible.

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.dealtaker.com/Modells-coupon-code-a963-c.html

Modells.com coupons

2nd row on the far right is a $10 off $50+ purchase.

They are also offering free 2nd day shipping. (click on 2nd day shipping to get the offer)

Both offers are good through tomorrow.

I just bought the gray Champs t-shirt and the black flex fit hat for $44.98.