2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

definitely....why is everyone acting like they have the lead?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

I'm wondering the same thing not to mention they hadn't scored a run since the 1st.

Wingspan

They have a 2 game lead and forcing elimination in the world series. I think it's fairly safe to assume that they can muster out at least 1 more run in the next 4 innings.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Wingspan on October 28, 2008, 03:22:49 PM
They have a 2 game lead and forcing elimination in the world series. I think it's fairly safe to assume that they can muster out at least 1 more run in the next 4 innings.
like they did with the bases loaded how many times. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 28, 2008, 03:07:32 PM
definitely....why is everyone acting like they have the lead?

I'm not.  But Hamels is not going to help them get another run, and he'd be much more valuable pitching game 7 on nearly full rest than he would trying to pitch an inning or two on 2 days rest.

ice grillin you

of course they can score a run tomorrow...but lets not act like they dont have to

Wingspan

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 28, 2008, 03:27:34 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on October 28, 2008, 03:22:49 PM
like they did with the bases loaded how many times. 

Fine, you are correct.

Oh woe is us.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Phanatic

What should have been a perfect night and a perfect Philly moment was raped by Gawd and Bud Selig.

Just sayin...

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PoopyfaceMcGee

LBIggle

PhillyGirl

I'd like to say something that's been on my mind all day.

Anyone who is whining about not knowing what to do because they "threw out" or "tossed" their ticket stubs....shut. the. farg. up. you. morons.

Who in the hell would toss their stubs?

1. If there wasn't a rain delay and the Phils WON last night, those stubs would have been the World Series game clinching ticket stubs. Something you hold onto for LIFE.

2. If you tossed them AFTER the game, what is wrong with you? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Hello? Dumbass? If you didn't see/hear the announcement at the stadium, and had no idea what was going to happen for the next few innings of play when the game resumed, how are you dumb enough to throw them out? If it was up in the air, one of the options was going to be to re-use those stubs to get into the game again.

Jesus, people are so farging stupid it amazes me. And they're all crying online and on the radio today about it.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 28, 2008, 04:01:31 PM
I'd like to say something that's been on my mind all day.

Anyone who is whining about not knowing what to do because they "threw out" or "tossed" their ticket stubs....shut. the. farg. up. you. morons.

Who in the hell would toss their stubs?

1. If there wasn't a rain delay and the Phils WON last night, those stubs would have been the World Series game clinching ticket stubs. Something you hold onto for LIFE.

2. If you tossed them AFTER the game, what is wrong with you? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Hello? Dumbass? If you didn't see/hear the announcement at the stadium, and had no idea what was going to happen for the next few innings of play when the game resumed, how are you dumb enough to throw them out? If it was up in the air, one of the options was going to be to re-use those stubs to get into the game again.

Jesus, people are so farging stupid it amazes me. And they're all crying online and on the radio today about it.

That place is gonna be half empty for the end of the game. Either that, or filled with homeless.

Like I said...i picked up 8 ticket stubs on the way out the door.
Connection Problems

PhillyGirl

I was going to say, anyone who didn't go garbage picking or search the Wach lot for stubs is a moron too. LOL

Had I had time, I'd be down there with an umbrella and gloves, like a bum on Chestnut St...garbage picking away.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

The thrifty ownership likely hired people off the street for $8/hour to search for stubs and will re-sell all those tickets for $200 each at the window.