The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 13, 2007, 08:02:43 PM
stop snitchin mds...let these people watch it

what, omar doesnt die? massive spoiler.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Randy is a Snitch.

MDS i'm with you on that one being my favorite episode muthafarga
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

i'll have to agree that omar is one of the best characters ever. 

Diomedes

I have now seen first three episodes, and re-watched the first one with commentary.  Now I'm going to watch episode two and three with commentary, then get this disc back in the mail so I can see the next three.

I vaguely understand that Omar is the dude in the third episode who knocks over the Barksdale stash house in the low rises, and that his character turns into something more like a super hero of sorts later on..I seem to remember my brother telling me somthing about "they kill his gay lover, he goes nuts and walks around wearing a long black coat and carrying guns openly, killing dealers and generally being a bad motherfarger."

I wish I hadn't heard all that now.

Oh well.  Good show.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Correction. Superb show that is in a league of its own.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I stand corrected..it's so much better than all it's zesty peers, you can actually say it's teevee and it's not shtein

ice grillin you

but its not really tv...its like watching a 13 hour movie

i also have watched all the episodes with commentary..they are excellent but i wish every episode came with them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 16, 2007, 10:58:20 PMi also have watched all the episodes with commentary..they are excellent but i wish every episode came with them

I thought they did when I posted yesterday...unfortunately only the pilot and the second episode had comments.  The third episode did not.

MDS

Emmy nominations:

According to Jim- 1
The Wire- 0

MDS

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/tv/2007/07/the_wire_is_unmissable_televis.html

some really good writer waxes poetic about the top 9 reasons to watch the wire. the first 8 are terrific, then 9 is a bigger letdown than finding out igy was just some fat white dude.

ice grillin you

9. The Wire is a guaranteed way to win friends and influence people. Evangelistically recommend it to complete strangers and it's a cast-iron guarantee they'll become your lifelong disciples. Just don't go lending out your DVD box sets. Anyone who borrows it will want to hang on to it as much as you'll be longing for its return.

i lent season 1 box to sun and not only did he not keep it he gave it back to me without watching it...yet hes on a mission for a random episode of something called dexter...go figure

btw is unmissable a word??

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

dexter is a great show, igy. certainly not as good as the wire, but still one of the better things out there.

SD_Eagle5

Finished up season 1, the last 2 episodes were really well done. Some of the things I like about this show is the setting and characters are as believable as you could hope for. No character is too over the top. The show does a great job of subtle foreshadowing. First 3 discs of season 2 came in the mail the other day so I'll be checking them out as soon as I get the time.

MDS

season 2 of the wire is the worst. igy loves it because it has the most white people in it out of all the seasons.

still, season 2 of the wire > season 1 of the sopranos