The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Quote from: MDS on June 20, 2007, 12:17:39 PM

Word.

Isn't that the guy from Remember the Titans? I couldn't tell watching the Saprano rerun. I might have to rent a few disks from blockbuster.

SD_Eagle5

watched disc 1 lastnight, its like New Jack City meets Law & Order. Anyway, I woke up this morning and wanted to watch more, meaning I'm most likely hooked.

ice grillin you

you watched the set up...which is great but around episode 6 is when the show really gets in a groove leading up to episode 10 and 11 which is as good as tv has ever gotten
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

So far (3 episodes) I like the Avon Barksdale character the most. He comes at you from a lot of different angles, he's a big time drug dealer and the nephew of the king pin. He's intelligent but prone to mistakes, yet he has a soft side which was exploited when he wrote that letter to who he thought was Gants kids.
Best scene of the first 3 episodes was when the cops were getting pelted with bottles and TV sets when they decided to go to the Terrace drunk at 2 AM.
I'm gonna try to finish season 1 off by Monday, I already have season 2 in my bb queue.

ice grillin you

you mean deangelo...and yes his character is so good...the torn soul thing is pulled off beautifully by the creator david simon

SD_Eagle5

Yeah Deangelo, I couldn't figure out where the Avon nickname came from. I thought maybe from his days as a golden gloves.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 13, 2007, 09:34:17 AM
Yeah Deangelo, I couldn't figure out where the Avon nickname came from. I thought maybe from his days as a golden gloves.
Avon is his uncle the Kingpin. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 13, 2007, 09:38:14 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 13, 2007, 09:34:17 AM
Avon is his uncle the Kingpin. 

I'm an idiot.

MDS

season 5 of the wire in "early" 2008. meaning some point in january. hbo doesnt give a shtein about it, but whatever, 10 episodes to go.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 13, 2007, 09:26:04 AM
So far (3 episodes) I like the Avon Barksdale character the most. He comes at you from a lot of different angles, he's a big time drug dealer and the nephew of the king pin. He's intelligent but prone to mistakes, yet he has a soft side which was exploited when he wrote that letter to who he thought was Gants kids.
Best scene of the first 3 episodes was when the cops were getting pelted with bottles and TV sets when they decided to go to the Terrace drunk at 2 AM.
I'm gonna try to finish season 1 off by Monday, I already have season 2 in my bb queue.

as everyone has said, its just getting going. you really havent met omar yet, who is the best character ever in the history of tv.

not to spoil sd, but what is everyones favorite episode (to the 4 people who watch it)? common answer is end of season 3 where stringer dies. mine might be the 3rd episode of season 4, where it ends with the one girl cutting the other girls face in the classroom. just insane.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 13, 2007, 09:26:04 AMbla bla bla

We are on exactly the same pace.  I'm about to watch the third episode tonight.  I like it very much, agree with others who have said that it's the best thing I've ever seen on television.  I look forward to following it through, but it's really just a high class soap opera, which benefits by weak competition.  It's worth my time in a field of shtein that isn't worth my time....to be the best that television has to offer doesn't mean it's the greatest shtein ever.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

I'm up to episode 8, had little to do today besides laying by the pool and drinking beer so I got caught up.

Quote from: MDS on July 13, 2007, 07:00:07 PM
as everyone has said, its just getting going. you really havent met omar yet, who is the best character ever in the history of tv.

You mean Omar the pyschotic queer/snitch? Didn't see that coming. I can't believe he lasts that long.

MDS

he was supposed to die but his character is so farging awesome simon couldnt kill him.

ice grillin you

stop snitchin mds...let these people watch it

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger