Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I know a guy who does the Mazda autocross thing semi seriously, but I haven't done it.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

A decent friend I work with has spent a shtein ton hopping his Miata up and beats porsches and vettes on the regular at the autocross track. If you're semi-serious about this, I'll ask him how much he's spent on each upgrade and how regularly he's got to change tires/brakes/bushings (though I know he doesn't change tires after every single race).

Sgt PSN

I don't know anyone who races them, but they seem like great cars to modify for racing.  I did know a guy quite a few years ago who bought one because he thought it was super fast and awesome in it's unaltered, stock condition.  Needless to say, I've broken all ties. 

PhillyPhreak54

My boy bought a 2012 Jeep Rubicon last year and he asked me to go off-roading with him today. I went out to San Antonio and we drove up to where the Jeep club meets out in the hill country on a 2200 acre ranch.

He's a relative beginner so we went with the easy/medium group and it was awesome. I'd never been and thought we'd be only doing dirt roads and creek beds and small incline and declines.

Wrong.

It was full blown off roading. Like get out and spot and direct people up hills of granite and limestone. Took us 9hrs to do the 13mi with a stop for lunch. A few puckering up moments when going up and down hills with steep drops.

One dude in the group rolled his jeep so we had to winch him back upright.

The rubicon is one stout ride. I was impressed considering it was stock and took a helluva beating with no problems. Everything out there from bone stock to buggy type rock climbers.

Fun times

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.sanantoniojeepexclusive.com/San_Antonio_Jeep_Exclusive/SAJE_Home.html

That's their website - the front page pic is pretty much what we did all day

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Like I said in the other thread I was expecting to be bored and ready to go a soon as we got there...nope...really fun.

MDS

you should take that shtein out at 3am around the check point in sinton and go cruising for mexicans

theyll think youre bp. catch him, take a pic, let him go. fun times.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Haha it was fun.

I'm back in Houston sucking down beer getting caught up on the sports day

Diomedes

Sounds like a good time.  Did you do some driving yourself?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Nah I was the spotter and taking pics and video. Next time we go I will give it a shot.

ice grillin you

i think my jeep is stuck in part time 4w drive and i cant get it out

the gear shifts look just like the picture in this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-JEEP-GRAND-CHEROKEE-Floor-Shifter-Gear-Shift-/321031854943?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4abefd5b5f

is there any trick i can try to get it to pop back into regular 2wd
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Tomahawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 19, 2013, 03:17:53 PM
i think my jeep is stuck in part time 4w drive and i cant get it out

the gear shifts look just like the picture in this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-JEEP-GRAND-CHEROKEE-Floor-Shifter-Gear-Shift-/321031854943?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4abefd5b5f

is there any trick i can try to get it to pop back into regular 2wd

I thought you had igy money; why the farg you slumming in a Jeep? I'm assuming you think it's stuck in part time 4wd because a light is either on or flashing, not because of the actual shifter. If it's the light, you should google why it's on. If it really is in part time 4wd and you drive around with it on, you'll tear up the transmission pretty quickly.