Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Caught Deja Vu last night...better than I expected, actually.  I didn't really know what it was about going it, and I thought it was going to be more Sixth Sense-esque than it was.

phattymatty

i just watched cloverfield.  awesome.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 05, 2008, 09:05:00 AM
I think the fake looking blood may have been intentional since it's an adaptation of the play......which was phenominal. 

Oh, yeah - the fake-looking blood was definitely on purpose.  I just thought the actual volume and patterns of blood was cartoonish enough that making the color way off was unnecessary.

Still, I'm nitpicking.  It's a cool story, and the movie was ridiculously well-done.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on April 05, 2008, 01:34:02 PM

Overall, I agree because it basically kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time but I didn't care much for the ending.

****SPOILER ALERT****

Specifically after the helicopter crashed and the 3 of them are on the ground.....the dude with the camera is laying there looking straight up at the monster and you can hear the other two yelliing at him.  Then the monster eats him but miraculously not the camera and leaves the other two people alone and just disappears.  Then the dude goes over there and picks up the camera and him and the girl retreat into the tunnel.  Why didn't the monster just eat the other two as well?  Also, I'm guessing that the explosion at the end of the movie was the gov't dropping nucs on the city.  What the hell kind of camera was that that could withstand a nuclear blast?  

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 05, 2008, 02:47:47 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 05, 2008, 09:05:00 AM
I think the fake looking blood may have been intentional since it's an adaptation of the play......which was phenominal. 

Oh, yeah - the fake-looking blood was definitely on purpose.  I just thought the actual volume and patterns of blood was cartoonish enough that making the color way off was unnecessary.

Gotchya.  Where did you see it.....theater or rental?  I haven't heard of it coming out on dvd yet but it seems like this would be an awfully long time for a movie to spend in the theater. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

It was under 2 hours, and it came out on DVD on Tuesday.

Sgt PSN

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 05, 2008, 03:30:26 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on April 05, 2008, 01:34:02 PM

Overall, I agree because it basically kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time but I didn't care much for the ending.

****SPOILER ALERT****

Specifically after the helicopter crashed and the 3 of them are on the ground.....the dude with the camera is laying there looking straight up at the monster and you can hear the other two yelliing at him.  Then the monster eats him but miraculously not the camera and leaves the other two people alone and just disappears.  Then the dude goes over there and picks up the camera and him and the girl retreat into the tunnel.  Why didn't the monster just eat the other two as well?  Also, I'm guessing that the explosion at the end of the movie was the gov't dropping nucs on the city.  What the hell kind of camera was that that could withstand a nuclear blast?   

I don't think they were supposed to be nukes, I think they were just bombing the hell out of the city. As for the monster eating the dude, I'm pretty sure it doesn't eat Hud's whole body. It's been months since I've seen it but if I remember correctly they ran up to the camera saying "hud!" as if part of him was still there, like the upper half, and they were seeing if he was still somehow alive, cause they're idiots.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 05, 2008, 08:30:30 PM
ur fun-e. 

Actually, I didn't even read your comment correctly.  So, ir smrt.

BTW, go watch "Alvin and the Chipmunks" if you hate your life and want a good reason to end it.  It's infuriatingly retarded, although not unexpectedly.  1/5 (the chick that plays Dave's ex is kind of hot)

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD_Eagle5

Magical_Retard

reservoir dogs: 3/5

i know i am really late to this movie but i just cant really watch quentin's movies that much. do not like his style too much...

maybe the movie would have been better for me if i watched it before his other movies. as it was it just felt like a repeat of the other movies he has made. it becomes too much after a while.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

shorebird

Watched Beowulf last night. I'm not too much a fan of computer animation for the whole movie, but it was alright.

Zanshin

Quote from: Magical_Retard on April 06, 2008, 11:16:06 PM
reservoir dogs: 3/5

i know i am really late to this movie but i just cant really watch quentin's movies that much. do not like his style too much...

maybe the movie would have been better for me if i watched it before his other movies. as it was it just felt like a repeat of the other movies he has made. it becomes too much after a while.

Really?  I thought that was his best movie, actually.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous