Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2010, 12:36:22 AM
Quote from: King Cole on October 24, 2010, 12:27:46 AM
they are one of the few teams in NL history to win their division 4 straight years and make the NLCS 3 straight.

youll be the only person that remembers this.....but thats because you are a disgraceful homer who doesnt get affected by losses and i feel sorry for people like you and the ili guy who can justify shtein like tonight...at least the lil guy is ok because he thinks they are the world series favorite next year...you are a waste of gooey fishies because you care about their standing in national league history

lol what

as of now they are not done, they are "in there" as in they will be a +.500 team that might or might not make a run. im not taking a stab at predicting anything more...offseason changes need to happen...this will be discussed i suppose.

for now this season will go down as a disgusting miserable failure and the imagine of choke striking out will probably never leave my mind. every time he steps up to the plate we will be reminded of it. every time. he wont be traded but it really might need to happen. no one will ever get over that and he might not be able to last here. hes still a good player, but that moment but might just be a point of no return where both parties realize they need to go in a different direction.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

QuoteRyan Howard not happy with called third strike said Haillon hesitated before making call: "If you are going to make the call, make the call"

this doesnt make it any better

blame the ump for your failure

goodnight, choke. its over for you.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2010, 12:17:57 AM
how do you take the last pitch OF THE SEASON

if its august 28th against the nats you go out looking

choke dog is the biggest POS in the history of the city

i will not get over this loss for a long time

this team as a whole is as small as its ever gotten

btw how utterly sickening is shane victorino

one more thing....the game was decided when werth just missed that pitch in the first

Disgusting AB to go down looking. To have a shot at redemption after a pitiful post-season up to that point....he looks at the farging ball like it was a goddamn spaceship. Way to live up to that contract, icehole.

Victorino...get out of town. Trade that dumbshtein.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: MDS on October 24, 2010, 01:28:46 AM
QuoteRyan Howard not happy with called third strike said Haillon hesitated before making call: "If you are going to make the call, make the call"

Paul Jolovitz on WIP said Howard is #1 clutch player in Philly sports history.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Don Ho

farging choke.  Blaming the ump.    He struck out more than we could count and he's going to blame the umpire.  He's got much bigger issues than the ump. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: King Cole on October 24, 2010, 02:14:28 AM

Paul Jolovitz on WIP said Howard is #1 clutch player in Philly sports history.

I heard that as well.  I think Jolly's drunk.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I am most upset with Victorino's performance this post season.  I just can't believe how stupid he is.  My god, those were little league mistakes he made on the base path.  I hope the state of Hawaii was able to see up close how bad he was. The local boy does good thing is over.

SunMo

Obviously a devastating loss last night and for the series.  How does Howard take that pitch?  How, how, how?  He had a good average this series but no RBI and no homerun just shows he didn't have a great series.

As far as the level of blame goes it has to be the following:

1.  Offense as a collective unit.  Awful average with RISP.  Terrible situational hitting.  Especially last night with 2 on the board in the first and they can't add on against the bullpen for the rest of the game, even with multiple opportunities.
2.  Utley - came up small at the plate and his defense was atrocious.  How did he not get his glove on that ball Sanchez hit?  That inning turned the game.
3.  Rollins/Victorino - awful obp for the series (Rollins .289, Victorino .293) and when they did manage to get on, they refused to fun with the exception of Jimmy in Game 5.  How does Shane get on in the 8th against lincecum and not go?  that was outrageous.  Victorino's at bat against Bumgarner with the bases loaded was all time bad.
4.  Defense - shoddy and not good enough
5.  Howard - last at bat of course...no RBI and WAY too many strike outs.

the only loss worse than this in my philly sports life is Eagles/Bucs 2002
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Ugh.

Nothing to be said that hasn't already been said.

Horrible. Horrible feeling starting the second that last pitch crossed the plate and Howard took. Unfargingreal.

Go eagles.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

I'm sure these things have been mentioned but I'm not reading through the last 20 pages so here goes:

Players I never want to see again:
Francisco
Ibanez
Every BP member except Lidge/Madson/Contreras (on a 1 year deal but he's worth the $1 million he made this season)
I'm sure there's more but this is what comes to mind in my morning-after-hangover-waiting-for-the-Eagles-game-to-start-rage.

Everyone else I can live with because they've been there and done it before. Yeah I'm pissed that Utley/Howard/Rollins/Victorino etc. were horrid but I still think they can win with those guys. I think the Giants just have the Phillies number.

Why oh why didn't Manuel bat Sweeney in Francisco's spot? Francisco hasn't done shtein yet a veteran like Sweeney - who is a much better contact hitter - is rotting away on the bench. The Phillies were out pitched, out hit, and out coached this series.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don't believe in the Contreras mirage.  If he's brought back, I guarantee he looks very old next year.

ice grillin you

thats pretty much par for the course for most non closer relievers....phillies have been incredibly lucky to have had a durbin and madson two guys who have been consistently good for multiple years...most of them are jc romero types
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Yeah I'm not getting the Durbin hate. He's been good if not great in msot of his outings, he just happened to have a bad one at a terrible time to do so. If the price is right, keep him.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds