Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

a not tiny part of the fanbase hates him and always will...i cant explain it...i mean hes not my favorite player and ive ripped him...shtein i started choke dawg for god sakes...but these people are just sick

i could maybe see the choke hate if utley wasnt the teflon don and probably the most popular phillie ever...its really the gross dichotomy btwn the two that is super baffling
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Hawk

Phils batch wake up and they win 8-2.... The Roys end this shtein in six.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 20, 2010, 06:40:15 PM
When I saw him on tv at the birds game I was pissed.  Then he went 2-4 that night and I wasn't. 

really? you were mad that he decided to go to a football game and jokingly and casually talk on camera some 6 hours before the game?

how can anyone get mad? its 6 hours before the game. who gives a flying farg if hes sleeping, eating Hoyda or watching the first half of the eagles game. jesus christ you people are sick. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 20, 2010, 06:40:49 PM
a not tiny part of the fanbase hates him and always will...i cant explain it...i mean hes not my favorite player and ive ripped him...shtein i started choke dawg for god sakes...but these people are just sick

i could maybe see the choke hate if utley wasnt the teflon don and probably the most popular phillie ever...its really the gross dichotomy btwn the two that is super baffling

To Utley's defense, he was a beast in the playoffs last year... and Choke Dawg just got that big ass contract.

Rome

maybe sassy saw those bulging muscles on tv and became strangely aroused and ashamed at the same time?

i know i did.

PhillyPhreak54

I have a feeling that Polanco is going to have a good game today.

Don Ho

Question is would you ever see an Eagle player at a Phils game before kickoff?  Probably states in their contract "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL YOU GO TO CBP.  EVER."
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on October 20, 2010, 06:59:24 PM
Question is would you ever see an Eagle player at a Phils game before kickoff?  Probably states in their contract "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL YOU GO TO CBP.  EVER."

lol

I had an image of Banner reading that line in the contracts and laughing hysterically.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on October 20, 2010, 06:55:15 PM

To Utley's defense, he was a beast in the playoffs last year... and Choke Dawg just got that big ass contract.

that doesnt nearly explain why choke gets boo's after back to back k's while utley could weakly pop up six times in a row and butcher three balls in the field and receive a "get em next time kid" backed with encouraging applause

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 20, 2010, 07:34:10 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 20, 2010, 06:55:15 PM

that doesnt nearly explain why choke gets boo's after back to back k's while utley could weakly pop up six times in a row and butcher three balls in the field and receive a "get em next time kid" backed with encouraging applause

That's true... a lot of my friends have always hated Howard/loved Utley....  I've always liked both, even when they both are craptacular.

Eagles_Legendz

Definitely a double standard with Howard.  Agreed.

I think people like Utley so much because of his "style" of play.  Same thing with Rowand etc.  He's perceived as someone who is oldschool and hustles more than anyone else.

PhillyPhreak54

Enough with the beard on that child molester. A fox feature?!

Die.

LETS GO PHILS!!

ice grillin you

remember spring training 09 when choke put dozens of extra hrs in to improve his fielding and did so immensely....if utley had done that people would be absolutely fawning over him...what a hard worker...will do anything to win...GRIT.....jerk off....GRIIIIIIIIIIIT...spewwwwww gooey fishies...

at the time the media definitely credited choke for doing it but the fans could have cared less

Hawk

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 20, 2010, 07:39:36 PM
Enough with the beard on that child molester. A fox feature?!

Die.

LETS GO PHILS!!

That piece was awful.

Hawk

Huey Lewis and the News???

The Phils win tonight.