Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

All they have to do is win 1 game to guarantee coming home.  Win 2 and they're in great shape...

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 19, 2010, 03:51:05 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 19, 2010, 03:16:58 PMSeriously though, not one person in that lineup has more than 5 steals for SF this year.

Huff has 7, but overall that lineup has 19 total....2 more than half a season of an injured Jimmy

Go figure.  The two people who I didn't check to make sure about were Huff and Burrell, since I figured there was no possible way either of them had more than 5.

19 is a pathetic number.

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 19, 2010, 03:29:14 PM
yes a team that nearly won 100 games is just awful and bla bla bla

cant you people be confident for once. its not 1995 anymore. stop feeling sorry for yourselves. talk trash and expect to win. if they ultimately lose then we can just kill utley or something. then the pain will go away.

Call this stupid paranoia - and yes I realize nothing I do has any bearing on the game - but every time I talk shtein my team loses. Never fails. My old room mate is a Giants fan, he's also a Raiders fan. Last season I talked a ton of shtein leading up to that game and he took it in stride. Then the Eagles farging embarrassed themselves so I had no choice but to reap what I sowed. Now I just politely engage in baseball talk and go about my business. I won't talk shtein until they're holding the NLCS trophy.

MDS

Hoydas.

farg cody doucheface ross. thats it thats the list. hit him in the sack and roll.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on October 19, 2010, 03:56:43 PM

cant you people be confident for once. its not 1995 anymore. stop feeling sorry for yourselves. talk trash and expect to win. if they ultimately lose then we can just kill utley or something. then the pain will go away.

Call this stupid paranoia - and yes I realize nothing I do has any bearing on the game - but every time I talk shtein my team loses. Never fails. My old room mate is a Giants fan, he's also a Raiders fan. Last season I talked a ton of shtein leading up to that game and he took it in stride. Then the Eagles farging embarrassed themselves so I had no choice but to reap what I sowed. Now I just politely engage in baseball talk and go about my business. I won't talk shtein until they're holding the NLCS trophy.

as a philly fan you learn this at a young age...these youngins like the lil guy have no idea what weve been thru
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

meh. I loved the World Series win and it changed a lot of shtein, but one thing it didn't automatically do for me and a lot of others is override the year after year after year of heartache. I was too young in 95 and 96 to realize that the Eagles didn't really have a chance to win the SB, so those seasons to me were crushing. Then there was the 97 Stanley Cup...the 1999 ECF fail against the Devils, and getting spanked by Buffalo the following year...Then the 2001 NBA final.......the 2002-2004 Eagles teams...2004 ECF....and last years Stanley Cup and World Series.....

These things don't take away from the 08 season, which was probably the best night of my life. But any Philly fan that has lived through all that I just listed AND remember vividly the early 90's Eagles teams and so on etc....of course they're going to hope for the best but assume the worst. It's what's been ingrained in Philly fans for the last however many years and it's never going to change. It's what it is to be a Philly sports fan.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

The Giants - maybe because of Ross - remind me of the Marlins. One of those annoying teams that could beat you with good pitching and clutch hits. Meanwhile the Phils go 1-11 with runners on.

And I should clarify the Marlins from a few years back, not the current team. I'm talking Jeff Conine (their Cody Ross) Marlins.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on October 19, 2010, 04:01:42 PM
The Giants - maybe because of Ross - remind me of the Marlins. One of those annoying teams that could beat you with good pitching and clutch hits. Meanwhile the Phils go 1-11 with runners on. 

this is how i felt coming into the series

today i can see heidi giving up some early runs and it snowballin with the home crowd and the giants win an easy one....like 6-2 or something

then theres that park.....which scares the shtein out of me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

So the Cody Ross giants remind you of the Jeff Conine Marlins, who was their Cody Ross, and not the Cody Ross Marlins of earlier this year.

I get what you mean, I just think it's funny to read out loud. Which I did.

Also to add on my last post, I just don't know any Philly fan who doesn't watch big games without a feeling of dread in their stomach, even if it's deep in the pit and hidden.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 19, 2010, 04:01:17 PM

as a philly fan you learn this at a young age...these youngins like the lil guy have no idea what weve been thru

lol

STOP BEING A BITCH.

ive been an eagle fan throughout the andy reid era. i used to like hockey when eric lindros was the captain. AI and the 2001 team was my life. ive been following the phillies actively since 1993.

i know bad losses and disappointment when i see it and i know greatness when i see it. this team is great and they are not losing to a team starting edgar renteria and aaron rowand in the nlcs. it might take 7, sure. probably not but maybe. but they arent losing. stop being such a queef face woe is me the sky is falling negadelphian. grow a sack and watch it happen
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

You also know dick when you smell it, which is important to note.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Don Ho

Call this stupid paranoia - and yes I realize nothing I do has any bearing on the game - but every time I talk shtein my team loses. Never fails. My old room mate is a Giants fan, he's also a Raiders fan. Last season I talked a ton of shtein leading up to that game and he took it in stride. Then the Eagles farging embarrassed themselves so I had no choice but to reap what I sowed.  

Not your fault.  It was that damn pigeon the Raydahs had on special teams.  Oh, and Donovan sucked ass that day and the fat shtein refused to run the ball on the worse run defense in the league.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on October 19, 2010, 04:07:35 PM

Call this stupid paranoia - and yes I realize nothing I do has any bearing on the game - but every time I talk shtein my team loses. Never fails. My old room mate is a Giants fan, he's also a Raiders fan. Last season I talked a ton of shtein leading up to that game and he took it in stride. Then the Eagles farging embarrassed themselves so I had no choice but to reap what I sowed.  

Not your fault.  It was that damn pigeon the Raydahs had on special teams.  Oh, and Donovan sucked ass that day and the fat shtein refused to run the ball on the worse run defense in the league.

Will you keep telling me "It's not your fault" until I start crying and we embrace, at which time I'll say "don't farg with me Don, not you"

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on October 19, 2010, 04:07:30 PM
You also know dick when you smell it, which is important to note.

im not sure why you needed to say this. i thought it was understood.