Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Stacy's Pita Chips and Hummus is a win.

Not saying chips and salsa or guacamole doesn't rule too, but don't shtein on hummus.  8)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

warm queso & chips from los amigo's in atlantic city rules.

hummus is something you use to extract information from an enemy combatant in lieu of waterboarding.

LBIggle

Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2010, 05:36:37 PM
i wonder if hell be rusty on saturday

better go back in time and lose game 3 just to be sure

i'd rather go back a little further and clothes hanger your mom when you were a bun in the oven.  why would the most consistent/clutch hitter this year be rusty? why is being concerned about a long layoff that hard for you to comprehend? 

hummus is actually good.  with cucumbers.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on October 11, 2010, 05:31:03 PM
Dude is money and I don't mind saying I was completely wrong about him in '08 when I thought they needed an upgrade behind the plate.

I assume you're strictly talking about his bat because behind the plate, he's been rock solid as long as I can remember.  But yes, during the 08 season he was somewhat of an offensive liability (even worse than Feliz if I remember correctly).  It's crazy how much he's improved at the plate.  He's one of the most patient and disciplined hitters I've seen in quite some time.  I doubt he's going to be a .300 hitter every year, but anywhere between .275-.285 would be more than adequate. 

What's his contract status anyway?  I'd much rather see him get caked off than Werth. 

Rome

He was platooning with Chris Coste as recently as 2008, Sarge.  If Chris Coste is taking at-bats from you, there's reason for concern.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: LBIggle on October 11, 2010, 06:34:59 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2010, 05:36:37 PM
i wonder if hell be rusty on saturday

better go back in time and lose game 3 just to be sure

i'd rather go back a little further and clothes hanger your mom when you were a bun in the oven.  why would the most consistent/clutch hitter this year be rusty? why is being concerned about a long layoff that hard for you to comprehend? 

hummus is actually good.  with cucumbers.

FAIL = you

LBIggle

PoopyfaceMcGee

I was thinking more along the lines of your failure to read sarcasm in a guy who only posts sarcastically.

Liking hummus is a meh, not a FAIL.

LBIggle

i am aware he is posting sarcastically. and my questions were rhetorical.

i am aware he will hyperbole the fact that i have a concern over a long layoff with 10 pages of nonsense, while never actually contributing an original thought of his own or touching base on the subject at any time. oswalt was rusty with a shorter rest.  mds finds it unpossible that him or one of their streaky power hitters may be rusty after a long layoff.  probably because a long rest has never affected a team before.  if it happens they'll win anyway.  this is amusing though. thanks for the insight.

MDS

please dont munson yourself into a corner here

just give it up and go back to whining about the phillies being down a run in the 3rd inning or something. it was much more fun that way.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on October 11, 2010, 07:26:37 PM
He was platooning with Chris Coste as recently as 2008, Sarge.  If Chris Coste is taking at-bats from you, there's reason for concern.

I know he was platooning with Coste, but I don't think it had nearly as much to do with his ability behind the plate as it did his lack of production at the plate. 

LBIggle

Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2010, 08:34:14 PM
please dont munson yourself into a corner here

just give it up and go back to whining about the phillies being down a run in the 3rd inning or something. it was much more fun that way.

false.  they were never down in the 3rd inning.  they are too good. 

Eagles_Legendz

Phillies would have swept the Braves.  Giants are going to be more difficult but the Phils should still take it in 6.  For some reason Sanchez worries me more than Cain and almost as much as Lincecum.

PoopyfaceMcGee

"For some reason" = He's a lefty who has been pitching better than Cain of late?

Eagles_Legendz

Probably has to do with the fact that the Phillies typically hit Cain around and get dominated by Sanchez.  Sanchez is beatable because he's so erratic, but it requires plate discipline.  They need to get ahead in counts against him.