Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

Quote from: Rome on October 11, 2010, 12:59:27 AM
both teams will have extended rests, dude.  the phillies at most will have three more days and considering the colossal number of injuries they've endured this year, that's probably a good thing.

also - it's not like this is their first trip to the rodeo.  they've shown repeatedly they're capable of playing at the highest level no matter the circumstance.   they'll be ready... no worries.

i'm aware.  they've had long rests before.  but their new ace number two obviously is not fond of extra rest for whatever reason.  and howard and werth have not been hitting.  i'm not trying to make it a big deal, everyone else is.  it was a simple comment that has now transformed into 3 pages of useless banter.  shocking.  lol.

omg we've resorted to grammar insults at 103am.  i'm the ass? 

Munson

Don't think he said anywhere that he wishes the Phillies would have lost or thinks they should have lost to get Howard/Werth more at bats. Just that they tend to be streaky and that 3 games in a 12 day span isn't ideal for them to get hot.

Perspective yaaaaay
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

you're not trying to make it a big deal, but you take one zesty start against a great offense and make a flat statement that oswalt doesn't like rest.  you are overly retarded.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

LBIggle

i actually gave other reasons why it might not be good for the team, as well as reasons why it might actually benefit them. i also said i'm not sure how i feel its going to affect them yet.  yawn.  anyone wanna talk about the team.. or you guys going to continue to derail a conversation that once had a point then bitch about people not being on topic too? 

SunMo

oh, you're on topic.  you're just farging retarded.

LBIggle

forgot a recycled, unfunny, adolescent insult.

stop being terrible. i have faith in you.

SunMo

it's not an insult.  it's the truth.  anybody who whines about sweeping a playoff baseball series is a person with down syndrome.  thanks for keeping me entertained while i watched the end of the eagles game.

Munson

Still looking for the post where he whined that they won it too fast....
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

Munson

LBIggle

it's almost like you want people to bitch... so you can bitch about it.  i'm glad you could read my posts through your tears.

no munson i never whined about too long of a break.. i was simply making observations, into messages, on a board.  pesky things those messages.  you expect ones back somewhat related to your topic.. yet its insults that i'm pretty sure aren't funny.. and i've heard way too many times before.

Munson

But sunmo says you were whining that they won the series too early...he's right, isn't he?

LBIggle

sure, why not.  it obviously means a lot.

Don Ho

The Braves folding like Chief Nakahoma's tent today ensured a matchup with the Giants.  l like Lowe tomorrow but they have got to be spent after todays heartbreak.

This Phils team isn't the 2007 Rockies who lost all their mojo after sweeping the bums and Dbacks.  As stated earlier if any team needed extra rest it 's the Philies.  Time to move Cole to #2.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

The Phils made the best offense in baseball look completely foolish in this series.

Did they win every game with 10-0 mistake-free baseball? No. But the Phils are absolutely in cruise control right now. They've done more than enough on offense and defense to win these games handily. They looked experienced and they got the swagger going. No worries here.