Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

When ESPN guys pick the Phillies to win, all it does is piss off people in the Natti.  Doesn't really generate much buzz because no one cares what people in Cincy think.  But when they pick the Reds to beat Philly, it grabs the ear of any semi-knowledgeable baseball fan around the country while simultaneously pissing off Phillies fans.  It's a win/win for the 4 letter word.   

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 05, 2010, 09:07:58 PM
Nice call putting the Phils against the Eagles on Sunday night.

I think Joe Banner must have thrown his step stool across the office when he saw that.

ha

if ever there was a night to go to a bar/be thankful you have 2 tvs...this is it

this isnt even a one on dvr/one live situation. either you find a way to watch both live or you hand in your philly fan card. im easin my boss to change days with me so i get sunday off work. otherwise, one on the tv, one on my cpu and theres a good chance bville doesnt get its sports news. oh how sad.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Pull everything off the AP wire for Monday's edition.

I will have to figure something out. Sports bar is definitely in play. I like being able to sleep late and not have to go to an office.

MDS

im got off...tomorrow might not watch the game under ideal conditions but it beats sundays armageddon of suck

seedy bville bar on a sunday night i am IN
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2010, 10:46:04 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 05, 2010, 09:07:58 PM
Nice call putting the Phils against the Eagles on Sunday night.

I think Joe Banner must have thrown his step stool across the office when he saw that.

ha

if ever there was a night to go to a bar/be thankful you have 2 tvs...this is it

this isnt even a one on dvr/one live situation. either you find a way to watch both live or you hand in your philly fan card. im easin my boss to change days with me so i get sunday off work. otherwise, one on the tv, one on my cpu and theres a good chance bville doesnt get its sports news. oh how sad.

Now you're talking.  TV in the kitchen is being moved into the living room next to the flat screen for the grand opening of The Don Ho Sports Bar.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

It's the playoffs and the Phillies are playing.  Who are the Eagles again?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 06, 2010, 07:23:46 AM

yeah what the farg....this is totally a dvr situation....you watch the playoff game and you dvr the awful regular season football game....and if you dont like watching football via dvr then the eagles get last channel button status during commercials....this isnt even a decision
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 06, 2010, 07:39:31 AM
the eagles get last channel button status during commercials....this isnt even a decision

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

games also start over an hour apart

ideally the phils are up 11-0 when the birds start then you will have enjoyed about half of a phillies rout and be able to concentrate on the eagles while putting the phils on the back burner

PoopyfaceMcGee

My feeling on the Eagles game is that if they lose to the 49ers, I don't want to have wasted my time watching it.  GO PHILS.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Polanco not in the lineup.  Valdez starting at 3rd.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 06, 2010, 07:39:31 AM
Quote from: Rome on October 06, 2010, 07:23:46 AM

yeah what the farg....this is totally a dvr situation....you watch the playoff game and you dvr the awful regular season football game....and if you dont like watching football via dvr then the eagles get last channel button status during commercials....this isnt even a decision

or you could take advantage of the rare occasion of the phillies and eagles being on at the same time and watch em both live and enjoy the result

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it