Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

even the phillies minor league teams are badass:

After a bench-clearing brawl resulted in four ejections, the Lakewood BlueClaws bullpen restored order in Game 2 of the South Atlantic League Finals.
Josh Zeid and Mike McGuire combined on four innings of one-hit relief and Jiwan James supplied the offense Tuesday as Lakewood evened the best-of-5 Championship Series with a 6-1 victory over the Greenville Drive.

The BlueClaws had a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the fifth inning when Reynaldo Rodriguez singled to left field. Trying to score from second base, Derrik Gibson bowled over catcher Sebastian Valle but was thrown out by left fielder Leandro Castro.

After Valle spiked the ball on his way to the dugout, both benches emptied in a wild melee that caused a 13-minute delay at Greenville's Fluor Field.

"Valle shouldn't have spiked the ball, but he's excited. The guy tried to run him over," Lakewood manager Mark Parent told the Asbury Park Press. "But [Greenville] kept chirping and came after him, and (Julio) Rodriguez stepped in. They're gamers, they're ready to go."

South Atlantic League president Eric Krupa reportedly will review video and the umpire's reports before determining whether any players will be suspended.

Julio Rodriguez (1-0) was one of two BlueClaws ejected but lasted long enough for the win. He gave up one run on three hits while striking out seven over five innings. Zeid fanned four over three perfect frames and McGuire pitched around a hit in the ninth.

"I was throwing as hard as I could. I was fired up," Zeid told the newspaper.

James had just one hit in 16 postseason at-bats but went 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles and two RBIs. The former 22nd-round pick led off the game with a double and opened the scoring on a groundout by Jonathan Singleton.

In the fifth, James drove in Jeremy Barnes with a two-out double to give the BlueClaws a 2-0 lead. The converted pitcher added an RBI single in a four-run ninth.

Michael Dabbs chipped in two hits and an RBI and Alan Schoenberger tripled and scored after replacing the ejected Castro.

Jeremy Hazelbaker hit a solo homer for the Drive, who totaled four hits after winning Monday's series opener, 3-1.

Ryan Pressly (0-1) absorbed the loss after allowing two runs on six hits over five innings. Tom Ebert fanned six but surrendered four runs in 3 2/3 frames out of the bullpen.

Game 3 is Thursday in Lakewood, where Brody Colvin will face Greenville's Chris Balcom-Miller.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Quote from: SD on September 15, 2010, 09:37:21 AM
Halladay is one of the top 3 pitchers in the major leagues. Bottom line.

How can that be true when his stuff clearly isn't stuffy enough?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on September 15, 2010, 10:03:21 AM
Quote from: SD on September 15, 2010, 09:37:21 AM
Halladay is one of the top 3 pitchers in the major leagues. Bottom line.

How can that be true when his stuff clearly isn't stuffy enough?

You don't deserve my laughter but got it anyway.  Now go find a hobby.

smeags

Speaking of stuffy, i cant shake this head cold.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SunMo

penance day for Cole haters on WIP Middays.  IGY, Phreak, Munson need to call up and apologize.

smeags

LBIggle

smeags

So if the braves had gotten swept by the nats would that have been worse then the phils getting swept by the astros ?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

Quote from: SunMo on September 15, 2010, 11:32:55 AM
penance day for Cole haters on WIP Middays.  IGY, Phreak, Munson need to call up and apologize.

Why do I need to apologize? I'm a Hamels fan but you can't deny that up until this post-break stretch, Hamels has a tendency to give up that one bomb, or that one run in a game where they need him not to.

Since the break though he has looked dominant. He's pitching with a chip on his shoulder and it shows with his effort on the mound. Adding that cutter has been a godsend and has made his other pitches that much more effective. Seriously, is there a guy not named Mariano that has a better cutter right now? Or at least a guy that's using it as good as Hamels is?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

igys braves are losing again at home to dc

but they are still the greatest team ever, right
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: KDS on September 15, 2010, 02:14:44 PM
igys braves are losing again at home to dc

but they are still the greatest team ever, right
how crowded were the stands....shtein Sunny just read my mind.   FRAUDS
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

lol thats worse than florida

they are gonna be out of their element on monday

get your brooms out NOW
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.