rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Mathieson and HOFBROWN were the top players in the minors for the phils this year. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2010, 07:41:31 AM
the braves suck too no doubt but you just cant get swept in a four game series at home against a bad team in the middle of a pennant race

get over it

they are in first place for good and you are still bitter at something that happened 2 weeks ago

hater hater hater alligator
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2010, 07:41:31 AMyou just cant get swept in a four game series at home against a bad team in the middle of a pennant race

Agreed, and I was mad at that time, but instead of dropping dead, they responded by sweeping the top team in the NL, going 6-1 on a tough western trip and taking at least 2 games in each of the home series since.  It could still come back to bite them that they aren't 3.5 up instead of .5 up, but we'll see.  Can't change what happened...

btw the 1st-place Yankees are 6 outs away from getting swept at home by the last-place Orioles.  That might be worse than the Astros debacle too...

ice grillin you

except the orioles have one of the best records in the majors under uncle buck and i think the lil guys jewish league softball team swept the padres last week

what gives the phils sweep that extra bite of zestyness is that it was a four gamer

charlie

You sound like a talk show host harping on the now irrelevant trying to rile people up to call in.

It was 2 weeks back, in which they've stormed though their schedule and retaken the division lead. You don't worry about the 4 losses 2 weeks back. You look as see that you're both at 60 losses and it's now a 22 game sprint.

ice grillin you

i couldnt be less worried about it...until they miss the playoffs because of it

shtein im still salty about biggio and that was five years ago

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

the yankees won on a walkoff HR by Swisher, so the Phils are still the worst 1st-place team in baseball /igs

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2010, 03:54:57 PM
i couldnt be less worried about it...until they miss the playoffs because of it

shtein im still salty about biggio and that was five years ago

Still one of Harry's best calls ever.  I have searched everywhere for it. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Choke looked like Newman on Seinfeld running with the little steps rounding third.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

well the braves finally woke up

but so did the phils bats