Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on August 25, 2010, 09:29:56 AM
that doesn't matter at all.  the league covers the umpires asses no matter what

publically they dont criticize them but privately they do...but im talking about what they will do to howard not the ump...meaning they wont suspended him because they know the ump was in the wrong...even if they dont come out and say it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 25, 2010, 10:52:34 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on August 25, 2010, 09:18:40 AMthis Barry douche will be umping home plate tonight and squeezing Halladay to guarantee the Phils lose the series.

Luckily we'll miss that since he worked the plate on Monday night....when he completely avoided the Bourn bunt mess....

No wonder Myers and Blanton combined for about 800 K's.  He obviously loves ringing guys up.

phattymatty

PoopyfaceMcGee

I wonder if our buddies over at the *other* CF think that Howard would have displayed an equal amount of vitriol for an African-American umpire.  I think we need Todd or Havas to ask them.

P.S.  I would definitely shtein myself if Howard looked that angry and was charging at me (without 15 players and umps in between).  Dude is usually so mild-mannered but clearly snapped, for good reason.  Even though he's playing like shtein, at least he cares.  I think someone like Burrell would have just given one quick beaten-down look, then walked back to the dugout with his head down.

phattymatty

can we talk about how amazing the "lets go oswalt" chant in the 16th inning was?  almost got goosebumps listening to it last night.

PoopyfaceMcGee

All the positive feelings about the game are kind of tempered by the outcome.

phattymatty

QuoteScott Barry resides at 147 Lukesport Drive, Quincy, Michigan 517-639-4321

he is going to have a fun week.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 25, 2010, 12:04:20 PM

team is farging lucky this all went down because they should be getting crucified

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on August 25, 2010, 12:06:59 PM

I never have, and probably never will understand or agree with people who mail/call officials and/or players to harrass them because of a bad call or a bad play or whatever.  It's farging ridiculous.  The ump from the Card/Royals World Series, Mitch Williams, Scott Norwood, etc, etc.  These guys all got harrassing phone calls and death threats for days, weeks and months.  Farg that shtein.  As much as I love sports, there's absolutely nothing that could happen on the field that would make me do something as juvenille as call someone's house to farg with them. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on August 25, 2010, 12:06:59 PM

MA

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 25, 2010, 12:14:44 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on August 25, 2010, 12:04:20 PM

team is farging lucky this all went down because they should be getting crucified

They're lucky that the media and internet pundit wannabes are focusing on something besides their offensive ineptitude?  Not sure they really would give a shtein in the first place.

SunMo

i'm going to detroit over labor day weekend, maybe he's close and i can farg some shtein up

it's 2.5 hours away from where i'll be.  i don't think it's worth it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on August 25, 2010, 12:18:50 PM
i'm going to detroit over labor day weekend, maybe he's close and i can farg some shtein up

it's 2.5 hours away from where i'll be.  i don't think it's worth it

Maybe he can let you use his computer, so that you don't miss your keeper league draft?

phattymatty

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 25, 2010, 12:16:39 PM
I never have, and probably never will understand or agree with people who mail/call officials and/or players to harrass them because of a bad call or a bad play or whatever.  It's farging ridiculous.  The ump from the Card/Royals World Series, Mitch Williams, Scott Norwood, etc, etc.  These guys all got harrassing phone calls and death threats for days, weeks and months.  Farg that shtein.  As much as I love sports, there's absolutely nothing that could happen on the field that would make me do something as juvenille as call someone's house to farg with them. 

i actually hope his house burns down, but thats just me.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 25, 2010, 12:17:23 PM
They're lucky that the media and internet pundit wannabes are focusing on something besides their offensive ineptitude?  Not sure they really would give a shtein in the first place.

no they are lucky the first two games of the series have in most of their fans eyes been taken away by the umps...shtein even wip is all about barry today and not the team

not that phillie fans these days are at all critical of the team anyway...so maybe it doesnt matter

in my mind this hasnt had the shock value of biggios home run but so far the series has been just as bad as that one