Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

If they go 9, they would need to go 10.  But after 10, then get a free pass for one year.  Kind of luck a Subway reward card.

smeags

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 11, 2010, 03:49:10 PM
If they go 9, they would need to go 10.  But after 10, then get a free pass for one year.  Kind of luck a Subway reward card.

there's just no satisfying you.

smeags

FWIW

QuoteEyre Would Return To Phillies

Scott Eyre would consider coming out of retirement if the Phillies have interest in signing him. The left-hander, who retired last winter, told John R. Finger of CSNPhilly.com that the Phillies have not yet contacted him about a potential deal (as of last weekend). They offered him a minor league contract over the winter, but Eyre decided to spend time with his family instead.

The 38-year-old, who had offseason elbow surgery, told Finger that he feels great and would need about three weeks to prepare for big league action. Eyre posted a 1.50 ERA in 30 innings for the Phils last year, with 6.6 K/9 and 4.8 BB/9.

Phillies manager Charlie Manuel told Finger that the team "could use another lefty if he can get people out." Lefties Antonio basticho (just called up) and J.C. Romero (currently slumping) are on the Philies roster. Last winter, Eyre said he would only sign in Philadelphia.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yes.  Sign.  86 Herndon or basticho.  Relegate Romero behind Eyre in the pecking order until he gets his ish together.

BTW, it's obvious that Romero was only good in 2008 due to the drugs.  Glad he got away with it while he did.

ice grillin you

youd think the lil guy has never been to philly....how can anyone be so clueless about the fans
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

If I can change, you can change
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Profrock says that Dom Brown will be sent back to AAA when Victorino comes off the DL.

Don Ho

Great, thought I'd watch the game on the Dodgers network on Foxsports West.  No Vin Scully.  I forgot he doesn't travel much anymore with the team.  So we get Steve Lyons.  God he is so bad. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

lyons IS vin scully compared to mcarthy and wheels

QB Eagles

I'm all about the radio feed. You go about your summer business with the game blaring in the background. Other than close calls, baseball hardly loses anything through the radio anyway. I know what a one-hop grounder to shortstop looks like. And of course the radio crew isn't full of AIDS like the TV guys.

MDS

Mute the tv

I don't do tmac no more
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

wtf?

you dont lose anything on radio except actually seeing the game

i couldnt do that on the pitches alone...i like to see where every pitch hits the glove

in other words you literally lose everything...and that goes for all sports...really it goes for anything in life...seeing is always infinitely better than just hearing

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on August 11, 2010, 07:26:54 PM
Mute the tv

I don't do tmac no more

wheels is probably the worst announcer in the history of sports and you are done with tmac? (who is terrible as well but hes not even the worst play by play guy in the league now?

QB Eagles

Of all sports, you lose the least in baseball by far. There is pretty much nothing new in baseball. You can accurately picture the entire game in your mind based on words. There is a specific word that describes every aspect of every possible play. Radio is what made baseball the American pastime. When a ball is high and outside, it's high and outside. With a half-decent PBP man, watching the game gives you very little additional information of worth.

With the other team sports, there's too many things going on to possibly convey with any degree of accuracy, and there are too many variables in what can possibly happen to ever have a glossary that can describe every possible scenario.

Given the very little amount of visual info lost in baseball, I don't mind having the 162 x 3 hours of my life per year available to do something other than park in front of a TV. If there's anything I really want to see, the MLB sends video highlights to my phone, usually within ten minutes of them happening.