Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

"when you win the game, its hard to regroup,"

bitching worse than j after a jayson werth pop-up
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: KDS on August 05, 2010, 10:33:03 PM
"when you win the game, its hard to regroup,"

bitching worse than j after a jayson werth pop-up

Just wait until Lidge blows this and then you'll really see some fireworks.

Save my energy, Brad. Go 1-2-3 for my mental health.

MDS

before just remember they never should have won this game to begin with
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

these are the games he likes to blow.

BigEd76

Quote from: LBIggle on August 05, 2010, 10:23:55 PM
I would love to hear the marlins announcers right now it's probably classic.

MLB Network replayed their reactions several times.  Classic stuff...

PhillyPhreak54

How good has Ibanez been? Nice resurrection there.

Gotta give props to Kendrick too.

And Oswalt came out and said he's going through a "dead arm" period. That's nice.

BigEd76

video of the Marlins announcers reactions

:58 through the end is great.  That went on for another two minutes after the clip....

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 05, 2010, 11:51:13 PM
How good has Ibanez been? Nice resurrection there.

Gotta give props to Kendrick too.

And Oswalt came out and said he's going through a "dead arm" period. That's nice.

you just cant be happy, can you

Don Ho

Holy farg.  I missed the game and was following it on my phone.  I had no idea all this bullshtein was going on.  Werth picked of at second, HOF gunned down and the foul/fair ball.  Werth and Madson are collectively one big heaping pile of shtein.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

farg the Marlins announcers, seriously. They deserve it for the "His name is Dan Uggla" after every HR he hits. They are such homers.

I love homers as announcers when they are for Philly teams, but I hate them when they are on any other team.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Don Ho

Just heard those clowns.  Yes they got hosed but quite acting like the phony homers you are.  I hate watching games at that stadium.  19,000 people in a 70,000 seat Stadium and 80% are Phils fans.  Joke.  And worse yet this joke of a franchise won 2 WS in 5 years.  :boom
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

Try 3,000 at most. It's a joke. It's pretty sad how their over the top enthusiasm doesn't in any way reflect their crowd where you hear crickets during the game. That town doesn't deserve sports teams.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

god i cant wait till werth leaves after the season

no matter how much perspective you give it its still almost impossible to imagine doing what he did at second base in the ninth
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 06, 2010, 01:10:56 AM
video of the Marlins announcers reactions

:58 through the end is great.  That went on for another two minutes after the clip....

Clearly a fair ball, but closer than the ump gets credit for. The Marlins announcers concentrated on where the ball landed once it passed third (obviously fair), but wherever it lands, it's still legit to call that ball foul if it was outside the bag when it passed it. The first two bounces are right on the line, maybe even on the outside edge of the line, and where the ump was standing all he saw was those two bounces and the ball going over the bag area. From where he is, that's a close call. The Fish got screwed, but it wasn't super egregious (or "the worst call in Marlins history" I saw one idiot call it).

PoopyfaceMcGee

Waking up to this result was a pleasant surprise.  I was busy cuddling with Oswalt's live arm.  Sorry, I stoled it.