Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

1 out of 3 in DC is not acceptable.  They should be 1 1/2 out right now.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Just when you think Lidge is done he comes in and pitches an inning like that.

Confounding to say the least.

MDS

within 2.5 of atl now

worst thing about the game was the 1-2-3 lidge. he just earned himself another 2 putrid outings of insurance.

halladay, kendrick, oswalt against the marlins (missing jj). choke or no choke they have decent odds to pull 2/3 and finish the trip 3-3. that would be actually very good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

PoopyfaceMcGee

Even a pitcher who only gets an out 50% of the time will throw a 1-2-3 inning 1/8th of the time.  It's science.

Don Ho

Let's please keep the analysis at the caveman level.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

Lidge has blown 4 saves this year and the Phillies are 2-2 in those games.

This team is good.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

heads up on tuesdays lineup:

rollins
polanco
hof brown (rf)
werth
gload (1b)
francisco (lf)
ruiz
valdez
halladay

but but but why dont they have albert pujols on the bench?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Phils would have lost that game if Howard didn't get back to the bag.  So, if he's only out one game or two, it was worth it.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: KDS on August 01, 2010, 07:18:42 PM
heads up on tuesdays lineup:

rollins
polanco
hof brown (rf)
werth
gload (1b)
francisco (lf)
ruiz
valdez
halladay

but but but why dont they have albert pujols on the bench?

Your lame attempt at sarcasm aside, I know that they're holding it together with duct tape and Elmer's. But the veterans on the team should be picking it up, and they have been for the most part.

I know they're playing with Valdez/Ransom/Gload.

Bad baseball is bad baseball. I don't care who it is. Losing 2/3 to the Nats is not cool. And I know its on Lidge and Oswalt, two guys who it should NOT be on.

MDS

theres no such thing as picking it up in baseball

lol veterans

what does that even mean

a .280 hitter is a .280 hitter. no matter how you shake it hes getting a hit......................28% of the time. the numbers flow as they flow and you hope to have more runs at the end of the game. its not football. you cant gameplan and do this and that.

they didnt play bad baseball this weekend. they had no chance friday because of oswalt and had a win blown by lidge on saturday. im not sure how else to explain this. they could have been playing the the ironpigs and they would have lost 2/3. oswalt had nothing on friday and lidge had nothing on saturday. such is life.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i still will never wrap my head around someone being balls to the walls angry over losing a regular season baseball game and exuberantly excited over two consecutive debacles in dallas.

but j is j and j is the king. no need to fight it.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I don't know how else to explain it, but I hate seeing sloppy play. I know they're not going to go 162-0. I know they'll have ups and downs and six game losing streaks or a couple of series lost in a row.

But JFC...when you win 8 in a row you don't go to DC and shtein yourself.