Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

BUT I THOUGHT THE BRAVES WERE MUCH BETTER THIS YEAR?

The BIGSTUD

I would have loved to keep The Big Pitch, but when you can get a 1 or 2 rotation starter for him and mediocre prospects with Houston paying 11 million then there is nothing to think about.

Now go out and get a closer and promote Lidge as Oswalt's personal therapist.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Smuggy raped his mentor. These fools down here are livid about them not getting more in return and having to cake the Phils off.

Olney said that once other execs found out that the Astros kicked in that much cash they were mad they couldn't get in on it because their offers would have blown the Phils away.

Good trade.

Cliff Lee approves.

Munson

Yeah it's hard to hate on this trade considering they gave up jack shtein to get him. And if he's able to stay healthy next year and contribute, it's icing on the cake.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 29, 2010, 06:26:23 PM
Smuggy raped his mentor. These fools down here are livid about them not getting more in return and having to cake the Phils off.

Olney said that once other execs found out that the Astros kicked in that much cash they were mad they couldn't get in on it because their offers would have blown the Phils away.

Good trade.

Cliff Lee approves.
:-D

If he pitches like he is capable of doesn't this kind of trump the Lee deal?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteRandyJMiller

Moyer gets good and bad news: Good---he doesn't need surgery. Bad---He's probably done for the year. Better news: He plans to pitch in 2011.

Trump as far as what; prospects given or overall excitement?

MDS

he isnt under contract in 11, right?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 29, 2010, 06:48:03 PM
QuoteRandyJMiller

Moyer gets good and bad news: Good---he doesn't need surgery. Bad---He's probably done for the year. Better news: He plans to pitch in 2011.

Trump as far as what; prospects given or overall excitement?

No just overall if they get to the playoffs and pitches the way he usually does late in the season.  Not only do they have him with Doc and Nicole for this run they have him next year too. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Oswalt has been late in the season his whole career. 

phillymic2000

Drunkmasterflex

As far as the excitement factor it is probably a little higher with Oswalt considering that he was the premier picture available.  A lot of people were disappointed that the Phils didn't get Doc last year and "settled" for Lee.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'd throw Miss Iowa a bone.

ice grillin you

wizzade already flipped gose for brett wallace who toronto traded michael taylor for

thats six degrees of something but im not sure what
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous