Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteOf the 608 batters Roy Halladay has faced this season, 35% have come with the Phils trailing. Career-high in TOR was 28.9%

From Murphy on twitter

ice grillin you

who are all the good players the phils traded for lee and halladay
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: KDS on July 19, 2010, 02:16:23 AM
what difference would it make what backup infielder they signed?

castro, valdez, they are interchangeable with any other guy they could have gotten on the market. when jrol went down they missed him. bad. now that uts is down they miss him. bad. you cannot come close to replacing those guys.

gillick went and got iguchi when utley got hurt in 07. immediately. iguchi was alright.

rube has done NOTHING. wilson valdez still plays every day. this is a problem. kill him on that. not for juan castro.

the injuries this year have destroyed them. not sure what the hell you want. there is no team with a bench that can replace utley and rollins. they traded away all their good young talent to get lee. to get halladay.

and thats why the lee deal makes 0 sense. they are all in for the next 2 years and they go and give him away. ugh. awful.

i will kill amaro on stuff he needs to be killed on. but a lot of the averagness of 2010 stems from bad luck.

I credit him (or whichever of his assistants signs the AAA filler) for getting Valdez. He's played respectably. Except for the penchant for grounding into DPs.

The bench needed to be addressed. His answer was Castro and Gload.

He's awful and the Lee deal was absolutely disgusting.

MDS

jason donald, lou marson

i have no idea if they are good but they were highly touted prospects. when guys go down they couldve stepped up. better than dane sardinha and wilson valdez.

but the farm system is shot now. no one would care if they were rolling with halladay, lee and hamels this year.

@ phreak gload has been good, right? hes had a bunch of big hits i believe.

castro was one of the few guys on the market who could plays 3b, ss and 2b. at the time thats what they needed. again this is #1000 on a list of 1500 things to complain about.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on July 19, 2010, 02:20:07 AM
jason donald, lou marson

oh my

you are now officially the biggest homer ever

yet you have the nerve to rip j for mcnabb...who is a very good player

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2010, 02:23:45 AM
jason donald, lou marson

oh my

you are now officially the biggest homer ever

yet you have the nerve to rip j for mcnabb...who is a very good player

i have no idea if they are good but they were highly touted prospects. when guys go down they couldve stepped up. better than dane sardinha and wilson valdez.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you have no idea but you know they could have stepped up?

PhillyPhreak54

jason donald, lou marson

but the farm system is shot now. no one would care if they were rolling with halladay, lee and hamels this year.

@ phreak gload has been good, right? hes had a bunch of big hits i believe.

castro was one of the few guys on the market who could plays 3b, ss and 2b. at the time thats what they needed. again this is #1000 on a list of 1500 things to complain about.

EVerything is on the table to complain about right now. They're playing like shtein. They deserve to be ripped, and it starts with the fella who constructed this hot mess.

Gload has had a few big hits. He's a decent addition. But they needed more. There was more to be had but because Rube signed Castro he chilled on anything else.

Baez was a disaster. That guy is below that other pile of shtein Herndon on the totem pole of suck.

ice grillin you

i will give rube credit for coming on wip and saying that trading cliff lee was bad karma.....i was impressed with that because the curse of clifford is in full effect...and will be for some time

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2010, 02:27:38 AM
you have no idea but you know they could have stepped up?

wouldnt you figure theyd be better than replacement level players? at least it wouldve been interesting.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 19, 2010, 02:28:37 AM
EVerything is on the table to complain about right now. They're playing like shtein. They deserve to be ripped, and it starts with the fella who constructed this hot mess.

Gload has had a few big hits. He's a decent addition. But they needed more. There was more to be had but because Rube signed Castro he chilled on anything else.

Baez was a disaster. That guy is below that other pile of shtein Herndon on the totem pole of suck.

you speak as if they are a 2nd divison club. you were high as a kite after the reds series. 4 bad games and boom, angry j be rollin back.

this is not a bad team. its just not a good enough team. if jrol is healthy. if uts is healthy. if they have lee.....they are probably 5-10 games better right now.

again, we had this conversation earlier about how "bad" the bottom of the rotation is. go and look at the other top nl teams' benches. aside from the braves having infante youre not gonna find a whole lot of lists better than ross gload and juan castro. the fact of the matter is bench players suck. they arent good enough to start for a reason.

a good team will add a bench as the season goes on. a good team will add to the bullpen and sit an aging, finished left fielder. these are all things that could happen tomorrow but havent been done yet. this is where the anger needs to be focused. going into the season their roster was pretty good, pretty much as good is it could be minus not having lee. thats why i was so high on them. they were awesome early on...then the injuries, the piss poor attitude that followed, the lack of moves from rube....its all adding up to a team that looks like they gonna finish with 86 wins. just like the great ed wade teams.

ice grillin you

there were no intelligent fans that were happy after the reds series....ive never seen a mirage like that before....you might have been excited because everything youve ever believed in is riding on this team making the ws but trust me no one else was even remotely thrilled with the reds sweep

Don Ho

So I guess you guys are saying I shouldn't watch the replay on ESPN tonight since I missed the game?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillycrew

Quote from: Don Ho on July 19, 2010, 03:00:06 AM
So I guess you guys are saying I shouldn't watch the replay on ESPN tonight since I missed the game?

Nah, just wait for tonights game.  Go Phils!

BigEd76

Rollins is back in the leadoff spot tonight w/ Ibanez batting 3rd

SD

I hope they trade Werth for prospects