Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 10, 2010, 10:23:46 PMYa like that? I should never doubt Jimmy.

Hey I was doubting him too. He already blew it in the 9th and he's been flat-out terrible this whole homestand. Came through tonight in the 11th though, and that's all that matters.

PhillyPhreak54

Get the sweep tomorrow and go into the break all proper like.

Hopefully Heidi keeps 'em in the park.

charlie

You have three of the most exciting games of the season and don ho and phreak sit around here like Statler and Waldorf.

MDS

if they lose tomorrow i swear ill lose it

LOSE IT RIGHT IT J
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 10, 2010, 10:26:43 PM
2 nights in a row the Reds' starters completely shut down the Philies and the Reds lose the games anyway. ha

Didn't exactly light up Cueto on Thursday, either. One earned run on four hits in seven innings.

PhillyGirl

Also, Chooch having a great game in his first night back.  :yay

Oh, PS...Lidge needs a trip to the glue factory. I am 100% grateful for 2008...he will always be awesome for that. But dude, you're done.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: charlie on July 10, 2010, 10:30:10 PM
You have three of the most exciting games of the season and don ho and phreak sit around here like Statler and Waldorf.

Hey, I wasn't here last night. And I'm excited. Sorry I'm not jerking you and Todd off in celebration.

charlie

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 10, 2010, 10:32:54 PM

Hey, I wasn't here last night. And I'm excited. Sorry I'm not jerking you and Todd off in celebration.

It's not too late!

PhillyPhreak54

lol...yes, your window passed.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 10, 2010, 10:32:54 PM

its alright

you just need to know the baseball gods are lined up against them tomorrow. expect a loss. thank your jesus for the last 3 nights.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'll thank The King of Brownsville, buddy. Thanks!

MDS

i found this picture. remember this guy. he is the guy. this is the posterchild.

Don Ho

Hey we've worked hard at being salty, angry and bitter.  You want warm and fuzzy go to the Michael Vick thread.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

I wanna see igy's head explode: http://www.csnphilly.com/07/10/10/Seattle-Got-More-For-Lee-Than-Philly-Did/landing_onthepharm.html?blockID=269105&feedID=2571

QuoteSeattle Got More For Lee Than Philly Did

Saturday, July 10, 2010
Posted: 10:30 a.m.

By Kevin Czerwinski
CSNPhilly.com Contributor

When the Phils traded Cliff Lee to Seattle in December, they received a trio of prospects in return, none of whom were near Major League ready. Phillippe Aumont, JC Ramirez and Tyson Gillies represent a nice haul for sure, but nowhere near what Lee was worth. The deal was supposed to replenish the Philly farm system – a system that had been emptied to acquire Lee from Cleveland last summer and Roy Halladay in December.

Aumont has not met expectations and has already been demoted from Reading to Clearwater. Regardless of his striking out a career-high 13 batters for the Threshers Thursday night, he still has a long way to go and looks more like a Joe Savery type first-round pick than a Kyle Drabek type first-round pick.

JC Ramirez has had his moments at both Clearwater and Reading this season but has not dominated. He fits into the serviceable category but if anyone in Philly thinks he's going to be a top end of the rotation guy, that's misguided thinking at this point.

As for Gillies, who knows? He's been on the DL for much of the season and didn't seem as if he were capable of hitting Double-A pitching all that well when he was playing.

How do they compare with what Seattle received? Well, for starters, Justin Smoak, the key to the deal from a Seattle standpoint, is a Major League ready first baseman. At least he's been in the Major Leagues for much of the season. Smoak, the 11th overall pick in the 2008 draft, has power from both sides of the plate and should get the chance to play every day for a bad Mariners team.

Blake Beavan is already a more accomplished pitcher than either Aumont or Ramirez and could be in the Major Leagues this season. Beavan, a first-round pick in 2007, was 10-5 with a 2.78 ERA at Oklahoma City of the Pacific Coast League. He's got a 2.33 ERA over his last 10 starts and is a big, gritty right-hander that attacks hitters. Beavan doesn't back down and doesn't get pushed around on the mound. Don't be shocked if he steps into Lee's spot in the Seattle rotation at some point.

Matthew Lawson, a second baseman, and Josh Lueke, a reliever, are serviceable minor leaguers but don't figure to do much more than make an impact as bit players if and when they reach the Major Leagues.

In the end, the Mariners traded Smoak and Beavan for Aumont, Ramirez and Gillies, getting the better part of the bargain – at least for now – in the process.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Phils gave up more than they got, then the Mariners got a hell of a lot more than they gave.  And which team has been competitive?

Fact is that Ed Wade built this team, for the most part.