Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 08, 2010, 11:52:34 PM
Just curious Jay...if that play was in the NLCS, game 7....would you be defending the dude for trying to catch the ball?

I wouldn't rip him ala Bartman.

My main problem is Werth being a flaming jerkoff to the guy. No need to f-bomb him, especially infront of the kid. That guy sat there with a humiliated look on his face in front of his kid at a baseball game because some clown ballplayer f-bombed him.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 08, 2010, 11:55:24 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 08, 2010, 11:52:34 PM
Just curious Jay...if that play was in the NLCS, game 7....would you be defending the dude for trying to catch the ball?

I wouldn't rip him ala Bartman.

My main problem is Werth being a flaming jerkoff to the guy. No need to f-bomb him, especially infront of the kid. That guy sat there with a humiliated look on his face in front of his kid at a baseball game because some clown ballplayer f-bombed him.

Not to mention Bartman reached out and took the ball, that one came right to the guy. His vision was upwards.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

just saw the ball

tough to blame the guy. also tough to blame werth, it was a natural reaction the heat of competition. what he could have done is apologize afterwards, not sure if he did that. but, either way, who gives a shtein. youll forget about this in 2 seconds.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Just watched the end of the game on DVR.  Werth was an icehole.  Unfarging cool.  The guy did not reach onto the field and it was just a normal reaction to go for the ball.  That poor kid looks so bummed.  Versagen (spelling?) was really pissed at Werth about that move on MLB Network.

Bartman was just the poor SOB that ended up touching the ball.  Watch the replay.  Most everyone around him reached for the ball as well.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Bartman farged up but the main reason things escalated was because of Alou's infantile reaction afterward.

Regardless, athletes are iceholes.    Shocking, I know.

MDS

of course it was infantile

mature, calm rome wouldnt get emotional in the heat of the moment during an intense competition. no. you would be all smiles and class. of course you would. youre better than athletes like that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Perspective is something athletes don't have and really couldn't possibly have. It's what makes them capable of functioning in the ludicrous world of professional sports. Of course Rome or anyone else in their sane mind wouldn't have acted that way. Anyone who isn't a completely ego-centric, testosterone-saturated douche wouldn't have acted that way. Of course they also wouldn't be professional athletes so the point is moot.

Athletes are iceholes as a matter of course. Doesn't mean we have to like it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

everyone on here losses it when the phillies dont get a runner in from 3rd with less than 2 outs in the 4th inning of a game in july

im pretty sure they would have lost in that instance, too. and werth is generally a fairly calm and collected, unemotional player.

Rome

I've seen dozens, if not hundreds of instances where a guy went into the stands to catch a ball, got interfered with, and not make a total icehole out of himself like Werth did last night.

icehole athletes act like iceholes (Werth) & level-headed athletes move on to the next play without acting like faggy drama queens (see Alou's reaction).

rjs246

I can say without a doubt that I don't lose it when the phillies fail to move runners up. Stupid.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

i lose it when the assbag at denny's doesn't make my hash browns well done and crispy.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on July 09, 2010, 02:09:10 PM
i lose it when the assbag at denny's doesn't make my hash browns well done and crispy.

munson works at denny's ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it