Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

MDS

do you honestly expect all 8 position players and 5 bench players to be all stars?

if rollins and polanco arent hurt then ibanez hits 7th and no one notices how brutal he is off his steroids. he has about as productive as pedro feliz was last year and they scored 10000 runs wth him and ruiz and a cooked ibanez in the 2nd half of the year. ibanez looks worse because the hunky man meat chase utley is way off, werth is way off and choke is choke.

dobbs might be done, might just need more work. hes still hitting the ball hard. he cant and never will hit lhp and he cant play the field. hes a pinch hitter. he has always been this.

you can rip them i do not care. it should happen, vent your frustation. but vent it at the problem--the middle of the order, victorino, manuel, hamels, blanton. guys who are under performing. not wilson valdez, who sucks and is playing like it. not juan castro. not ibanez.

getting rid of your crap for more crap wont help. and getting rid of your crap for talent is unrealistic. they need jimmy and polanco back. they need to start hitting with risp. they havent had a problem getting runners on, just for whatever reason the big hits and homers arent there. its awful to watch, but the odds say itll pick up soon.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

bums.

grand slam by howard there would have been a season changer.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: KDS on June 01, 2010, 11:38:10 PM
do you honestly expect all 8 position players and 5 bench players to be all stars?

if rollins and polanco arent hurt then ibanez hits 7th and no one notices how brutal he is off his steroids. he has about as productive as pedro feliz was last year and they scored 10000 runs wth him and ruiz and a cooked ibanez in the 2nd half of the year. ibanez looks worse because the hunky man meat chase utley is way off, werth is way off and choke is choke.

dobbs might be done, might just need more work. hes still hitting the ball hard. he cant and never will hit lhp and he cant play the field. hes a pinch hitter. he has always been this.

you can rip them i do not care. it should happen, vent your frustation. but vent it at the problem--the middle of the order, victorino, manuel, hamels, blanton. guys who are under performing. not wilson valdez, who sucks and is playing like it. not juan castro. not ibanez.

getting rid of your crap for more crap wont help. and getting rid of your crap for talent is unrealistic. they need jimmy and polanco back. they need to start hitting with risp. they havent had a problem getting runners on, just for whatever reason the big hits and homers arent there. its awful to watch, but the odds say itll pick up soon.

So basically what you're saying is that they are playing like ass right now.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: KDS on June 01, 2010, 11:38:10 PM

I'm venting at everyone. There is no one who has been pulling their weight on this team except for Roy Halladay.

Dobbs is a pinch hitter who can't get pinch hits.
Valdez sucks
Ibanez sucks
Castro sucks

Victorino may be one of the dumbest sonsabitches in the big leagues when it comes to having an approach at the plate.

Choke hasn't done much since he got that contract

Werth is in a hefty slump

Utley does nothing but fly out to LF and sprint to 1B.

And, as if that isn't enough, it carries over to the defense too. Errors all over the place.

MDS

the focus should never be on ibanez or valdez and the like

they cant and dont win when the middle of the order isnt producing. now to be fair EVERYONE isnt producing with risp, but you dont really pay carlos ruiz to get rbi hits nor do you pay shane victorino to. thats chase, choke and werth. and they collectively have maybe 3 rbis in the past 10 games.

thats it. thats the list why they arent winning. as i said you might as well cancel the season if the those guys are hitting homers and arent driving in runs. no team can win without the middle of their order producing. this isnt rocket science.

blame those 3 and those 3 alone.

igy, for once, brought up a legit point about chase. everyone is all over werth for his 0/16 with 100 k's. everyone is always on choke when he strikes out. but chase gets such a free pass. hes the best farging player on the team. hes been farging terrible. single him out for a change. i know hes gritty and handsome and probably has a big cock but he may be the No. 1 reason why they cant win a game right now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Chase should absolutely get ripped.

What cracks me up is when he sucks and goes through these slumps the first thing people do is make excuses. Oh, its gotta be the hip! Oh my, he had the flu weeks ago.

Bullshtein.

He's making 84M bones. Man up and play some farging ball, Grits.

LBIggle

it's perspective phreak.  don't bad mouth your team that's playing beyond terrible right now.  everything is fine.  if you don't say anything when their bad and only when they win your a bandwagon fan.  if you comment when their bad your a whiner.  i guess we'll just have to only comment when their jusssst right.

Munson

At least Phreak isn't proclaiming season over......................
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

LBIggle

i was kind of hoping for another shutout.  if your going to lose, lose big.

Don Ho

Such pessimists  ::)

They're just an abomination right now.  I pray we can all look back on this in a few months and say "See, it was just a slump.  A really, really bad slump but just a slump."
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

Howard hit a HR though. One player at a time. Werth can hit one today, Utley Friday, and then Saturday they will all put it together and break out.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 01, 2010, 11:57:28 PM
Chase should absolutely get ripped.

What cracks me up is when he sucks and goes through these slumps the first thing people do is make excuses. Oh, its gotta be the hip! Oh my, he had the flu weeks ago..

been saying this for three years now...ive never seen anything like it....choke strikes out three times in one game and hes the most overrated player in the majors....j dub goes in a slump and he isnt worth shtein anymore on the open market...jimmy swings at a first pitch and pops up and hes the worst lead off hitter ever...durbin give up three runs and blows a lead and hes a bum....

utley is complete garbage for more than a month but hes hurt....oh and hes made himself a great fielder since coming into the league

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 01, 2010, 11:33:30 PM
4.5 out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2010, 12:19:40 PM
in 2008 or maybe 2007 the phillies drafted this kid jared cosart in the 40th round of the draft...he was supposedly going to be impossible to sign...somehow the phils got it done...he was a better OF than pitcher but if you worked with him his upside as a pitcher was supposed to be pretty high

well hes now at lakewood and is 3-0 with 3bb and 24k on the season

if you care about this kind of stuff hes a really interesting prospect to follow

after a no run no walk three hit performance last night kid is now 6-1 with 9bb and 60k

also after an amazing year in the gulf coast league at the ridiculous age of 17 last summer jonathan singleton is currently tearing it up at lakewood as well...because hes so young they kept him in extended spring training so hes only been in lakewood since mid may but hes been ridiculous....kid was brought up thru the urban baseball program in compton...phils continue to stock the system with brothas
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee