Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Has Dobbs hit anything since 2008?

Amazing win tonight. Good job.

Now reel off that 8/10 so we can point and laugh at simple comments about how zesty they ar

LBIggle

no.  but he really hasn't played since 2008 either.

francisco on the other hand i don't think was ever good.  he was touted as a 4th outfield starter when he first got here.  i guess that meant for a AAA team.

SunMo

dobbs hasn't hit since 2008, he had a great pinch hitting year then, but it's over.  he's done
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagles_Legendz

If you look at Fransisco's splits in the past he really should be a good RH pinch hitting option but he hasn't exactly succeeded in that role so far.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 29, 2010, 01:35:36 AM
Now reel off that 8/10 so we can point and laugh at simple comments about how zesty they ar

Someone needs a hug.  Or a teddy bear.

MDS

Quote from: SunMo on May 29, 2010, 08:20:50 AM
dobbs hasn't hit since 2008, he had a great pinch hitting year then, but it's over.  he's done

actually last year he had a good middle of the year after starting slow, which is common for pinch hitters since they dont get a whole lot of work in the first 2 months of the season.

by the time he got going, he was hurt. and dobbs comes off as a giant Hoyda, so that was it.

hes been pretty bad this year but you cant just write him off as terrible yet, he simply needs to get more at bats. maybe even an minors stint for a week to get 30 at bats? it kind of worked for myers that one year he went down.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

If Dobbs played every day he'd be a .280/20/75 guy.  He has talent but on a team laden with lefthanded bats there's not much he can do unless someone (cough) Ibanez (cough) gets hurt.

MDS

thats probably a little high. also those stats are outdated. please project his vorp, ops+ and babip next time. show formulas and graphs. thank you.

and hes also not capable of playing everyday because he doesnt have a position. he sucks at 3rd and is even worse in the outfield, and since he doesnt hit like manny ramirez, cant really make up for his crap defense with his bat.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on May 29, 2010, 12:29:50 PM
If Dobbs played every day he'd be a .280/20/75 guy. 

Only for the Braves.

Munson

Castro at 3rd, peanut head getting an MRI on that elbow that he hurt over a month ago
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

LBIggle

LBIggle

ive never wanted a Philly to strike out so bad in my life.  halladay really doesn't need to hit here.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: LBIggle on May 29, 2010, 09:15:21 PM
ive never wanted a Philly to strike out so bad in my life.  halladay really doesn't need to hit here.

I was thinking the same thing.  I don't think much bothers Doc, though.