Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

are you giving me fifty dollars for that joke?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Halladay getting squeezed.

He's also laboring in the 5th.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

LBIggle

Quote from: charlie on May 06, 2010, 02:28:20 PM
Ah yes, the fantasy land where every other team in the league is clamoring to give up a good relief guy for a washed up left fielder with 2 years and and 20 million to pay.... they should totally trade him.

ah yes charlie.. from the school for kids who can't read good.  i said whatever bullpen help they can get.  the point is getting rid of ibanez to shed his contract to re-up werth.  the bullpen is lidge, romero, madson, and maybe some contreras come crunch time.  they need people not named baez, herndon, and figs. 

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 06, 2010, 02:33:16 PM
The problem is that right now Ibanez has almost no trade value.  Any bubble team looking for a bat to improve their lineup isn't going to go looking for it in someone who is batting .230.  Not to mention that you can pretty much cross of nearly every small/mid-market team given his salary.  About the only way you can move Ibanez and get any type of decent return on him is to hope that he gets on a streak and then strike while the iron is hot. 

i said earlier that Mr. hobbles would need to bring his BA up.  i don't see him hitting .220 all year though, he's still behind from his surgery.  he definitely needs to hit up some HGH though to bring his trade value up.  nothing is happening this early now anyway.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 06, 2010, 02:43:38 PM
Halladay getting squeezed.

He's also laboring in the 5th.

its hard to ever get squeezed against pujols....hes as good a hitter as halladay is a pitcher...granted i didnt see the pitch but im guessing it could have gone either way and in this case batter deserves it as much as pitcher
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

LBIggle

right on cue.

he's heating up a little bit.. give him some time to find his swing. we won't see the beginning of last year out of him.. but he's not as atrocious as he has been.

PhillyGirl

It wasn't Pujols. It was Holliday.

Damn, Ibanez just CRUSHED one.

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 06, 2010, 02:49:36 PM
It wasn't Pujols. It was Holliday.

LA said on radio the holliday pitch was a ball and the pujols pitch was a strike...thats why i thought you were talking about albert
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

there were 2 pitches that were questionable on the Holliday AB.

And that was another blown call by the first base ump.

LBIggle

somebody should tell him a .300 average on correct calls for umpires isn't a good thing.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyGirl

Roy sends Charlie back to the dugout to get the last out.

Munson

Haha doc looked a little annoyed. "Yeah I can get this last out"
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl