Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 10, 2010, 08:28:44 PM
lol @ toddy

every once in a while the lil guy gets a funny feeling in his bathing suit area....dont mind him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 10, 2010, 08:21:05 PM
it think we can expect to see some more of that from polanco, but hopefully only for a month or so until he's more comfortable back at 3rd.  and also hopefully not w/the bases loaded.  

looks like moyer wore himself out in clearwater.  

lol @ the astros grounds crew.  

Quote from: KDS on April 10, 2010, 08:22:44 PM
polanco is every once and a while going to not make a play the feliz would have made

but more often than that he is going to produce a run that feliz wouldnt have produced

it is an UPGRADE. stop crying.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2010, 08:27:37 PM
polanco is an upgrade until he makes a error in the playoffs that cause them to lose a game that causes them to lose a series....until that happens...if it happens...hes a monster upgrade

Amazing how a simple phrase can elicit such a response. No one wants Feliz over Placido but you know damn well he was crackin a smile in the dugout during that play.

Sgt PSN

choke is ridiculous.  he farging crushed that ball.  hit just a couple feet below those railroad tracks. 

PhillyGirl

QuoteLidge rocked in rehab debut

HOUSTON -- Some not-so-good news as the Phillies mount another big inning against the Astros...

Closer Brad Lidge (elbow, knee) pitched in his first rehab game for single-A Clearwater tonight and couldn't finish an inning. He allowed four earned runs on three hits and a walk in two-thirds of an inning.

Lidge was pitching in a game situation for the first time since receiving a cortisone shot March 30 to help boost his velocity. The Phillies had been pleased with his recent progress.

But now there are even more questions about his health. We haven't heard any indications on Lidge's velocity, but it couldn't have been great if single-A hitters were teeing off him. We'll see what else we can find out.

Some good news: Lefthander J.C. Romero pitched a scoreless inning for Clearwater in his second rehab outing. He allowed one hit and struck out two. Romero has pitched two scoreless innings in two rehab outings.

yay.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

houston announcers are always talking about cheesy little homers that hit the little gay train tracks...choke just tried to cave in the wall that hold up the train tracks

they also said right before he hit it that the astros have to watch utley at first cause he stole 23 bases last year

like hes gonna run with two outs and choke up

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 10, 2010, 09:17:32 PM
QuoteLidge rocked in rehab debut

HOUSTON -- Some not-so-good news as the Phillies mount another big inning against the Astros...

Closer Brad Lidge (elbow, knee) pitched in his first rehab game for single-A Clearwater tonight and couldn't finish an inning. He allowed four earned runs on three hits and a walk in two-thirds of an inning.

Lidge was pitching in a game situation for the first time since receiving a cortisone shot March 30 to help boost his velocity. The Phillies had been pleased with his recent progress.

But now there are even more questions about his health. We haven't heard any indications on Lidge's velocity, but it couldn't have been great if single-A hitters were teeing off him. We'll see what else we can find out.

Some good news: Lefthander J.C. Romero pitched a scoreless inning for Clearwater in his second rehab outing. He allowed one hit and struck out two. Romero has pitched two scoreless innings in two rehab outings.

yay.

you mean you still think lidge is going to contribute this year?

PhillyGirl

QuoteHOUSTON -- First-base coach Davey Lopes, whose brother Michael died in a house fire in Providence, R.I., on April 2, will rejoin the Phillies on Monday for the club's home opener against the Nationals at Citizens Bank Park. Lopes has been with his family since he learned of his brother's death.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

the phillies' run production with 2 outs has been sick so far. 

SD

raise ticket prices and re-sign Howard, no one would mind.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on April 10, 2010, 09:20:57 PM
raise ticket prices and re-sign Howard, Werth and maybe Victorino, no one would mind.

ice grillin you

MDS

at this point this lee prospects might come in handy cause they probably need to go get heath bell
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Choke is fargin locked in.

Nice inning from Durbin too.

Geowhizzer

Lol at Feliz on that pop-up.

We get rid of 3B Feliz and put 2B Polanco in his place.  Ed Wade signs 3B Feliz and put him at 1B.