Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Get a load of this shtein...

http://blogs.chron.com/unofficialscorer/2010/04/could_any_astros_actually_star.html

QuoteFirst base: Lance Berkman vs. Ryan Howard
Even calling it Berkman and not Geoff Blum and even projecting a healthy Berkman, I would still have to go with Howard. Sure he's in a great hitter's park, but I don't think Berkman would be able to take advantage of it in the way that Howard has. Both players have gone downhill a bit in the last few years, though Howard's slide is harder to notice because the homers and RBIs are still there. Still going to go with the big man.

Howard's declining?

Since when?

ice grillin you

what farging idiot...hr and rbi...that is choke dog...thats it thats the list...and even tho they are off the charts good and better than anyone in the majors over the last five years hes sliding??

outside of his other worldly year choke has basically been the exact same player since he entered the league...in fact his numbers are almost erie how consistent they are
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

it took jimmy 4 games to get six walks this year, last year it was 29.  he's showing great patience at the plate.

and i'll take the bet, $20 on Phillies -3 games.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

MDS

farg baseball this is a big ass day in the nba

6ers @ griz
atl @ dc
det @ cha
dal @ sac
gs @ lac

i might just smell a decent shot at john wall
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah farg the phillies because the sixers are jostling for the 6th pick

both are important

take that shtein to the right thread

MDS

if you cared to notice son they might just get the 3. in fact if they had tanked when i told them to they would be LOCKED into it now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ummm i actually watch their games and the nba

they are as close to seven as three

im not saying it shouldnt be watched closely but leave the phils alone

MDS

the same phillies you are foaming at the mouth with dreams of atlanta passing them to win the division?

ice grillin you

just trying to follow so stop me if i dont quite get it

if you think one of your teams could be challenged for their division then you have to stop rooting for them?

and if thats the case then why are you....who may be their biggest supporter...saying farg them for the lottery race in the nba

MDS

you do no think they will be challenged you are openly rooting for atlanta and suckling jason heyward and somewhere deep down inside your wretched soul clearly hoping they dont win the divison so your anger can be justified.

i am not the biggest homer, i am just overtly confident they are the best team in the nl east and that they arent losing a playoff series to any team except for san fran or colorado. and its april 10, the lottery takes precedent over a 59 year old starter going against a terrible team. roy halladay is gonna win tomorrow, this game means nothing. whether they are 4-2 or 5-1 coming back home makes no difference.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on April 10, 2010, 04:09:23 PM
you do no think they will be challenged you are openly rooting for atlanta and suckling jason heyward and somewhere deep down inside your wretched soul clearly hoping they dont win the divison so your anger can be justified.

i am not the biggest homer, i am just overtly confident they are the best team in the nl east and that they arent losing a playoff series to any team except for san fran or colorado. and its april 10, the lottery takes precedent over a 59 year old starter going against a terrible team. roy halladay is gonna win tomorrow, this game means nothing. whether they are 4-2 or 5-1 coming back home makes no difference.

i do farging love HOF heyward...but i despise atlanta...you even thinking im rooting for them shows your true ignorance or youre trying to be funny...either way its a total fail on both counts

MDS

you might be to convoluted to see this but you most certainly 'get off' at the thought of philly teams losing. you are happy when you are miserable and there is no denying that.

Rome

Not this shtein again.

Jesus... shut up the both of you.