Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

that will be fixed very shortly.  Kendrick is probably still awful. 

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

and this is why hes one of my top three or four all time favorite athletes...

That, I have no idea. I'm sure we could afford him. We turned nearly 4 million people through the turnstiles last year. I don't know. You should have (Phillies GM) Ruben (Amaro) on here . . . When the trade happened, I actually got a text from Jayson Werth and he was like, 'What are we doing?' And I was like, 'Didn't we get Halladay?' And he was like, 'Yeah, but we traded Lee.' And my mouth dropped like, 'That wasn't part of the deal.' I really don't know. I thought we had enough to keep him. I thought we could have done enough to keep him, but I guess that's just a move the Yankees do.

whats amazing about this is that the topic is such a sensitive issue with the front office that rube has refused to talk about it as of several weeks ago...and and jimmy says this yesterday lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

for the 100000 millionth time the move was more about over thinking the situation and amaro being smug and arrogant thinking he didnt lee more so than it was about $

yes $ was a factor but it wasnt so much oh no we cant afford lee we have to trade him. it was well we can resign blanton for 3 years and get prospects and we still have the best team in baseball even without lee because im ruben amaro and im a farging god.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

money was THE factor

the prospect thing was the reason to cover the money up...except they forget that they asked toronto for cash to be included in the halladay deal which pretty much refutes any bogus excuse as to why they let him go other than the money

like deep throat said....follow the money

but as usual youre missing the point and that is that jimmy is a friggin legend

PoopyfaceMcGee

real ruff and rugged jroll shine like a gold nugget

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2010, 04:13:08 PM
money was THE factor

the prospect thing was the reason to cover the money up...except they forget that they asked toronto for cash to be included in the halladay deal which pretty much refutes any bogus excuse as to why they let him go other than the money

i love jimmy, dont get me wrong

but YOURE missing the point, as usual

they could have traded blanton or cut him loose to save the $. then they have the same payroll as they do now. but amaro figured he could get 3 years from blanton for 8 mil, as opposed to one season of lee before he left for a pay day. with that, he could trade lee for prospects to keep the farm system from sinking and on top of that, truly believed he had the best team in baseball sans lee. lee was meaningless, they were winning the world series in amaros eyes and lee wasnt needed.

i dont really like that mentality but that is the mentality. if you follow the $ you dont the get the whole picture, but then again simplifying things and trying to fit square pegs into round holes to fit your sheltered, idiosyncratic view of the world is pretty much an igy staple. so i expect nothing less from  a penn state grad.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on April 08, 2010, 04:27:02 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2010, 04:13:08 PM
money was THE factor

i love jimmy, dont get me wrong

but YOURE missing the point, as usual

they could have traded blanton or cut him loose to save the $. then they have the same payroll as they do now. but amaro figured he could get 3 years from blanton for 8 mil, as opposed to one season of lee before he left for a pay day. with that, he could trade lee for prospects to keep the farm system from sinking and on top of that, truly believed he had the best team in baseball sans lee. lee was meaningless, they were winning the world series in amaros eyes and lee wasnt needed.

i dont really like that mentality but that is the mentality. if you follow the $ you dont the get the whole picture, but then again simplifying things and trying to fit square pegs into round holes to fit your sheltered, idiosyncratic view of the world is pretty much an igy staple. so i expect nothing less from  a penn state grad.

MDS

theres is no way you didnt read that. you just dont have a response because i nailed you. AGAIN.

and yes i know the sexual connotation and it is intended. im a sweet lover.

Sgt PSN

and joey b is starting the season on the dl. 

doc - lee - heidi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> doc - heidi - kyle "3 runs in the first" kendrick 

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

why isn't chooch playing today? 

SunMo

catchers usually don't play day games after night games
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

ha....yeah, i guess that was a night game.  didn't even think about that since it started at 4 out here.  left coast farging blows.