Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Is there a way to win without plate discipline while constantly getting behind in the count?

smeags

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 11, 2010, 05:49:03 PM
but don't shtein on hummus.  8)

yeah you leave the shteinting for afterwards. lucky murp.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 12, 2010, 06:12:06 AM
"For some reason" = He's a lefty who has been pitching better than Cain of late?

exactly....not to mention hes pretty much owned the phils over the last two years

simply put the fightins will not touch sanchez....you just gotta hope he walks a ton of people and gets his pitch count way up as he is prone to do

i see him only lasting like five innings but giving up like two hits and having eight punch outs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Game 2 is key IMO.  Games 1 and 3 could both be 1-0 based on the pitching matchup.  Could go either way.  But the Phils absolutely must get a better outing from Oswalt and must get some runs off of Cain.

SunMo

yeah, if you had to list the giants pitchers in order of my fear of them it would be:

sanchez
lincecum
cain
bumgaurtner
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 12, 2010, 11:39:30 AM
Game 2 is key IMO.  Games 1 and 3 could both be 1-0 based on the pitching matchup.  Could go either way.  But the Phils absolutely must get a better outing from Oswalt and must get some runs off of Cain.

That's assuming that Oswalt goes in game 2.  Hamels doesn't have very good numbers in San Fran and Oswalt does.  You very well may see Cholly flip flop those 2 for this series. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 12, 2010, 12:43:07 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on October 12, 2010, 11:39:30 AM

That's assuming that Oswalt goes in game 2.  Hamels doesn't have very good numbers in San Fran and Oswalt does.  You very well may see Cholly flip flop those 2 for this series. 

I like Oswalt better on the road, I think Hamels will pitch fine wherever.

PoopyfaceMcGee

smeags

yeah but does he drive a land rover ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

Game 1: 7:57 p.m.
Game 2: 8:19 p.m.
Game 3: 4:19 p.m.
Game 4: 7:57 p.m.
Game 5: 7:57 p.m.
Game 6 at 3:57 p.m.
Game 7 at 7:57 p.m. Times subject to change.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 12, 2010, 05:13:48 PMGame 3: 4:19 p.m.

for the fans out west that actually care, they probably love this 1:00 start on a Tuesday

ice grillin you

sunday is going to be a clusterfarg down at the complex
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous