Postgame - MAJOR concerns

Started by WEST is GOD, September 25, 2005, 05:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEST is GOD

The win was good and all, but in te grand scheme of things it isn't as important as games down the line. We need our guys healthy for the end of the season. Winning the division and the NFC will be cake.

- Mcnabb's health. Is a week's rest enough? Is it one of those things where he rests a week, gets to 75% then tweaks somehting in the game? Does he need to sit out against the Chiefs?

- Akers. How serious is this? Did he hurt it more? How long will he be out? Is France good enough?

- Playcalling today wasn't very good. Were some of those runs by Mcnabb called or because the pocket collapsed?

- NO PASS RUSH... Kerry had all day to throw.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

Not enough running by Reid...why dontcha let Donny Mac get smoked some more, Big Red?

Stupid fumble.

Stupid penalties.

Stupid prevent defense (they were at the f'ing TWO and you let them march)

Great game by Westbrook! They blew that run dead way too f'ing early. He wasn't even down yet!

Since Reid made Donny throw 56,000 times, he got better and gutted it out.

Pretty sloppy, but not every one will be pretty. I'll take it. But they better screw their heads on straight.

Oh yeah -- EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT run defense. :yay Corey who?

Wingspan

minor concerns.

you have 53 professional football players going against 53 professional football players.

the eagles were not as bad as week one

and probably not as good in week 2

in week three they played a very talented, yet undisiplined raiders team that was desperate and 0-2.

this is not madden football here. sometimes when things go not so good, you should give the other team credit. and the raiders deserve some credit here. it was a hard faught, knock-em down kinda game(cliche alert). and the eagles won.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

Some thoughts:

- Collins had WAY too much time to throw the ball. D-line was getting handled in pass protection.
- Run D was superb today. 
- Gotta give McNabb credit, he was wincing in pain the whole game but gave it his best effort.
- L.J. WTF?!?!?   Such a good TE then fumbles it away for no reason.
- Great game for GLew 
- Kearse was MIA.
- D'hani Jones had a fantastic game
- Westbrook 
- Despite the score, we need to establish the run early to keep defenses honest.
- Bad game all around by Parry.
- Hicks had another poor outing   
- Too many penalties 
- No Turn overs today for the D and 2 for the O in the redzone   

mussa

I felt McNabb really stepped it up in the second half.  Hes def hurting though and if we were taking on a decent team then we would of lost.  The Raiders basically gave us that game with all the penalties. 

Akers, god u have to love the guy for trying.  He needs to know when to say enough.  that opening kickoff was hard to watch.  reids gotta get him out of there.  on a high note he won us the game, amazingly enough.  im all for giving the other kicker a shot.  and letting akers heal.  hes as important to this team as any other player.  today showed it. 

Play calling was bad in first half.  Second half they started to open up the playbook with ACTUAL run plays.  and wow it worked.  maybe we should stick to that then.  if McNabbs not healthy then they will have to.  id like to see more of the run game regardless if McNabb is injured or not.

Grade A to the DB's today -except Hood

Grade B- to linebackers

Grade F to front 4.  I didn't see one sack.  the statue of collins had no pressure. 

All in all our defense really bailed us out.  Id like to see more pressure on QB.  Where were JJ's blitz's???

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyPhreak54

Ray Diddy said Oakland's pass blocking is "superb" so that explains their lack o' presure...

Dawk was kept deep to help on Moss...

They played deep a lot so Moss wouldn't get over the top. So not a lot of blitzes.

Sgt PSN

Oh.  I see you guys started one while I was typing mine.  Mods, merge please.  :)

Drunkmasterflex

Other than the injuries my only concern was a lack of pass rush.  But even with that the Raiders offensive line does a very nice job in pass protection.  Also they weren't able to blitz with concerns of getting beat long by Moss. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 25, 2005, 05:12:19 PM
- Kearse was MIA.

I couldn't disagree with you more.  He had an offsides penalty that gave Oakland a first down.  :P

Feva

Kearse needs an inside move.  For real.  For real, for real.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: mussa on September 25, 2005, 05:13:08 PM
I felt McNabb really stepped it up in the second half.  Hes def hurting though and if we were taking on a decent team then we would of lost.  The Raiders basically gave us that game with all the penalties. 

Akers, god u have to love the guy for trying.  He needs to know when to say enough.  that opening kickoff was hard to watch.  reids gotta get him out of there.  on a high note he won us the game, amazingly enough.  im all for giving the other kicker a shot.  and letting akers heal.  hes as important to this team as any other player.  today showed it. 

Play calling was bad in first half.  Second half they started to open up the playbook with ACTUAL run plays.  and wow it worked.  maybe we should stick to that then.  if McNabbs not healthy then they will have to.  id like to see more of the run game regardless if McNabb is injured or not.

Grade A to the DB's today -except Hood

Grade B- to linebackers

Grade F to front 4.  I didn't see one sack.  the statue of collins had no pressure. 

All in all our defense really bailed us out.  Id like to see more pressure on QB.  Where were JJ's blitz's???

How can you give them an F when they didn't give up any rushing yards?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Sgt PSN

O-line.  Great on pass protection today.  Must work on penalties though.  Andrews is virtually a rookie so I can chalk some of them up to his inexperience.  Tra needs to be smarter.  I think he had 2 or 3 penalties.  The also blocked better for Westy as the game wore on. 

QB.  McNabb got off to a zesty, zesty start.  But for as bad as he looked in the first half, he looked equally as good in the 2nd half.  He's obviously hurting and isn't as mobile as we'd all like him to be but he really toughed it out today and hung in there.  Great effort imo. 

RB.  Westy had over 200 total yards and 2 td's.  He's awesome, 'I have nothing to contribute.  Gordon didn't get much time on the field but when he did he just didn't seem to have that same burst he had last week. 

FB.  I think there was only one pass thrown to Parry, which of course went right threw his hands.  He did pretty well in pass protection though which is all I expect or really want from him. 

WR.  Slightly above average play from them today I think.  But they caught them when it counted.  TO had a couple of clutch receptions at the end of the game. 

TE.  LJ had another solid game and then he caughed it up inside the 5 yard line.  I don't mind him fighting for extra yards.  Infact I love it.  But when there are 5 defenders around you then you better damn well tuck the ball away. 

K.  Cut Sims.  :P  Much respect to Akers for toughing it out and kicking that FG.  Now take a week or 2 off and get better farger.  We need you for the long haul. 

D-line.  Generated almost no pass rush.  Bad.  Allowed almost no rushing yards.  Good.  I thought the line played great against the run today. 

LB.  Dhani Jones had a very nice game.  What?  Trotter made some nice plays too.  I can't really blame Dhani for getting beat by Courtney Anderson.  The guy's got about 7 inches on him.  All in all though, both guys found themselves in the right spot alot today. 

CB.  Were excellent up until the final 5 minutes or so.  But I suspect many of those yards were given up to ensure they didn't get beat deep.  Regardless, Moss and Porter were both kept out of the endzone.  Not an easy task to accomplish.  Rod Hood looked like ass on the Gabriel TD. 

S.  Dawk made some great plays and saved a touchdown on 2 consecutive plays.  He's awesome.  Mike Lewis was late with the help on the Gabriel TD and should have had a pick too.  But he absolutely destroyed Justin Fargas early in the game.  The Eagles weren't beat deap and much of that is attributed to safety play.  :yay

P.  Dirk 2 bad punts but the rest were decent.  He had a beautiful 57 yarder.   That is all.

ST.  Returns were ok.  Coverage was excellent.  As bad as Hood is at one on one coverage he's that good on kick coverage.  I love him on ST's.

I think this team (offense) needs an enima because they played like there was something stuck up their ass today.  The first half was terrible but like I said, they rebounded nicely and played a solid 2nd half.  And if there's one thing I say alot it's not about how you start but how you finish.  And today the Eagles finished on top which means I'm going to sleep easy tonight and enjoy the next 7 days.  :yay

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 25, 2005, 05:17:11 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 25, 2005, 05:12:19 PM
- Kearse was MIA.

I couldn't disagree with you more.  He had an offsides penalty that gave Oakland a first down.  :P

Gallery's a good tackle and I know they were giving him help, but he hasn't done much the first 3 games. I'm one that thinks sack totals are an overrated stat, so I'm not taking his lack of into consideration...just his overall play.

PhillyPhreak54

Another thing about the lack of pressure....Norv had a ton of blockers in there to help.

No way the DL gets an F...what'd they give up? 19 yards rushing?

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 25, 2005, 05:19:23 PM
Another thing about the lack of pressure....Norv had a ton of blockers in there to help.

No way the DL gets an F...what'd they give up? 19 yards rushing?

They also got away with a ton of holding penalties.