DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Not really because it is entertainment.

However I would be in favor of them doing a good-will type discount on season tickets where after a dismal season they issued a credit of some sort.

Rome

ice grillin you

eagles gave a $10 concession voucher for simply reserving your playoff tickets this year.....i had a beer on saturday nite courtesy of jeffy....i thought that was pretty cool
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I still get a huge lol when people think that owners should refund some money or offer discounted tickets when the team sucks.  Because if that's the case, then they should also raise ticket prices when the team is really good.  If memory serves me correctly, between 2000 and 2004, the Eagles were middle of the pack when it came to ticket prices and were probably around the same in terms of raising ticket prices.  Hell, they may have even been towards the bottom of the league when it came to raising ticket costs in comparison to other teams.  But I didn't see fans lining up offering to throw an extra $20 worth of good will when buying their tickets because they put a really good product on the field. 

Unless the game is cancelled, farg your discounts and refunds. 

MDS

lets take money from poor blacks and give it to rich whites
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 06, 2014, 03:27:52 PM
I still get a huge lol when people think that owners should refund some money or offer discounted tickets when the team sucks.  Because if that's the case, then they should also raise ticket prices when the team is really good.  If memory serves me correctly, between 2000 and 2004, the Eagles were middle of the pack when it came to ticket prices and were probably around the same in terms of raising ticket prices.  Hell, they may have even been towards the bottom of the league when it came to raising ticket costs in comparison to other teams.  But I didn't see fans lining up offering to throw an extra $20 worth of good will when buying their tickets because they put a really good product on the field. 

Unless the game is cancelled, farg your discounts and refunds.

lolol....no one actually believes this.....it was a sarcastic response to romey wanting players to give back money when they dont play well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

If jackson gets more money, good for him, but I don't see how he's outperformed his contracted.  He's had two seasons on a 5 yr 47 mil deal.  One year he missed a significant portion of time and this year he played very well, obviously.  Don't really see that as getting a new deal territory but whatever. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2014, 03:32:06 PM
lolol....no one actually believes this.....it was a sarcastic response to romey wanting players to give back money when they dont play well

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 06, 2014, 03:12:15 PM
However I would be in favor of them doing a good-will type discount on season tickets where after a dismal season they issued a credit of some sort.

Jay's hardly the 1st person I've ever heard say this, or something along the same lines.  And I'm sure Jay's comments were more wishful thinking rather than a solid opinion, but there are a ton of people out there who legitimately think that they are owed some sort of refund or discount when their favorite team underperforms.  They're awful people and should eat bullets. 

SunMo

you have to stop looking at the deal in its entirety because no one ever plays out a full nfl contract.  look at the signing bonus ($10M) and the guaranteed money (??). 

Next year he has a good chunk of money coming to him but no more is guaranteed now and so i'm sure he wants to get some of the money left guaranteed.  as i mentioned earlier his cap number next year is $12M so its in the Eagles' interest to do something to lower that cap number.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagaholic

I wouldn't lower his number. They have cap room now but will probably be tight in '15/'16. Desean is healthy and coming off a nice season. I'd rather him get the guaranteed money in '14 and be freed up to keep/cut/trade him down the road as they see fit without worrying about creating dead money.

I have no idea why he thinks he deserves more money now. He played well and got paid what he deserved, his contract is right in line with his performance.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 06, 2014, 03:37:56 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2014, 03:32:06 PM

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 06, 2014, 03:12:15 PM

Jay's hardly the 1st person I've ever heard say this, or something along the same lines.  And I'm sure Jay's comments were more wishful thinking rather than a solid opinion, but there are a ton of people out there who legitimately think that they are owed some sort of refund or discount when their favorite team underperforms.  They're awful people and should eat bullets.

Mine were based off PR feel good campaign's. People who expect to be compensated? That's funny. However if a team preemptively came out and said "ya know what? We didn't play up to our expectations and as a loyal ticket holder we're offering your a $50 rebate on your season tickets".

That would go a long way. People like free shtein. My company can royally farg an order up and many times I can squelch the anger by delivering their next order for free...we charge $35 for delivery.

Eagaholic

I think the only way that could realistically ever happen is if they said they were lowering ticket prices a little the next year, and even then it would just be to stave off an expected drop in sales.

Rome

Jackson is the eighth highest paid receiver in terms of APY in the NFL.  He was ninth in receiving yards in 2013.  He's getting paid almost exactly what he has coming to him in terms of performance.  That said, I actually hope he breaks the bank because I love the guy.  Sunny's right about his cap number being the best reason to re-do his deal, though.  According to the numbers I saw he only has $15M guaranteed.  That's way too low compared to guys of his caliber.

Either way I'm fine with caking him off again. 

I'd personally tell Cooper best of luck and get a cheaper alternative in the draft.  I'd pay Maclin because he's not going to get a monster deal because of his injury.  Pay him a 3/$25M deal that is loaded with incentives with $10M guaranteed

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on January 06, 2014, 05:40:26 PM
Jackson is the eighth highest paid receiver in terms of APY in the NFL.  He was ninth in receiving yards in 2013.  He's getting paid almost exactly what he has coming to him in terms of performance.  That said, I actually hope he breaks the bank because I love the guy.  Sunny's right about his cap number being the best reason to re-do his deal, though.  According to the numbers I saw he only has $15M guaranteed.  That's way too low compared to guys of his caliber.

Either way I'm fine with caking him off again. 

I'd personally tell Cooper best of luck and get a cheaper alternative in the draft.  I'd pay Maclin because he's not going to get a monster deal because of his injury.  Pay him a 3/$25M deal that is loaded with incentives with $10M guaranteed

He had $17 million guaranteed which is 36% of his contract. 36% is actually pretty good, especially for a player that had injury or other concerns.