DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD

I'm going to take the positive approach to this news and say he's here because they're finalizing the parameters of his new deal.

reese125

if august 9th wasnt an important date for him and the fines werent so heavy this year he would still be chillin in cali. so all in all the holdout made absolutely no sense--and never does with the eagles.

but I like the positivity none-the-less.

Rome

The one thing we've all learned (yet shockingly the players seemed to have missed) over the years is you never make threats against those iceholes if you aren't willing to go all the way.

It was an exercise in utter futility.

rjs246

False. It was a week of practice where he wasn't getting injured or banged around. The role players and fringe guys got some reps. This isn't some rookie who needed to learn the playbook. He can miss the next several weeks for all I care. He tried to make a point, he didn't. Oh well. He also didn't get hurt which, as a fan, is all I really give a shtein about.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

He tried to make a point? We all love Jackson and want him to get paid, but how do you even make that excuse for one of the most ass backward attempted holdouts ever.

And it's not even a matter of him not getting hurt in the last 10 days because he could get hurt this Thursday running wind sprints on the sidelines. Ha-at the role and fringe WR's getting 10 days of practice reps.

ice grillin you

the holdout was perfect...he didnt get fined nor lose his year of service and got to miss 10 days of bethlehem...and will still get caked off in a new deal...in fact it might have been one of the smartest holdouts ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: reese125 on August 08, 2011, 08:23:11 AM
one of the most ass backward attempted holdouts ever

Um, false. So, the shortened league year really hurt his bargaining power, yes. But his point WAS made, everyone now knows how underpaid he is and almost universally agrees he should get some cake ASAP, and he didn't hurt his teammates at all.

If you want "ass backward," look no further than TO. He was one year into a shiny new 7-year deal, and he started all the bullshtein. Yes, his deal turned out to be under market value, but he wasn't making anywhere close to the league minimum, and it's not like the Eagles or anyone else forced him to hire that inept Joseph guy as his agent in the first place.

DeSean Jackson is one of the rare players that is a threat to break the game open on every play, and he makes the league minimum under his initial 2nd round rookie deal. Also, he's tiny and will always be at risk of injury. Speaking from the POV of a guy who thinks MOST players should shut up and play, I think this is one of the most justified holdouts ever - and certainly the most justified of any Eagle player in recent memory.

reese125

It was no secret he was underpaid last year and management knew this. No way the Eagles go into this season not paying him. They most likely had a business plan put together with all these FA signings and had to know how much to spend on him.

I highly doubt his teammates are high fiving him when he gets there today and says, "smart move homie you really showed them", when he HAD to be there regardless. That's why he accomplished nothing.

ice grillin you

players despise training camp...missing ten days of it with no resulting penalties is something every player there would give a high five over

lurking wierdo

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 08, 2011, 08:29:45 AM
the holdout was perfect...he didnt get fined nor lose his year of service and got to miss 10 days of bethlehem...and will still get caked off in a new deal...in fact it might have been one of the smartest holdouts ever
Correct! Also, he didn't try to negotiate through the press or bad mouth ownership or management. He has handled negotiations like a business man. Smart work there. It really proves that Rosenhaus isn't as big an icehole as TO kind of forced him to be.

ice grillin you

rosenhaus has had a thousand clients and none have ever done what TO did...nor do they cause any more trouble than any other agents players...the negative perception of rosenhaus is way overblown...always has been

lurking wierdo

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 08, 2011, 09:09:46 AM
rosenhaus has had a thousand clients and none have ever done what TO did...nor do they cause any more trouble than any other agents players...the negative perception of rosenhaus is way overblown...always has been
Agreed. He had to protect his client in the TO situation. Deflection of criticism is a valid response.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 08, 2011, 09:09:46 AM

Leave it to you to defend a POS like Drew Rosenhaus.

Jesus... 

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.