DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Roob Frank agrees with the Skversky report

BigEd76

Eskin also confirms the report, saying the Eagles won't negotiate any further until he shows up at camp.  He says pimp is looking for 5/$60M

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

yeah, but not 5 years/60 Mil. That's ridiculous. He should get Holmes money at most.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

You don't think he's worth 60 mil over 5 yrs? I do but still he'll probably be closer to 50. He's gonna' get better and I think Pimp and Vick will be hooking up a whole lot this year 'cause they should be more comfortable playing together.

QB Eagles

5/60 would make him the highest paid WR by quite a large margin. They shouldn't have to pay a guy who disappears as often as Jackson does an extra $1 or $2 million a year over what Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald makes. Pay the man, and pay him well, make him the highest paid WR if you have to. But 5/60 is a bit of a ridiculous asking price, and if Rosenhaus is serious about that number (and if Eskin is actually right about it), I could see these negotiations lasting a while.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 01, 2011, 07:21:55 AM
5/60 would make him the highest paid WR by quite a large margin. They shouldn't have to pay a guy who disappears as often as Jackson does an extra $1 or $2 million a year over what Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald makes. Pay the man, and pay him well, make him the highest paid WR if you have to. But 5/60 is a bit of a ridiculous asking price, and if Rosenhaus is serious about that number (and if Eskin is actually right about it), I could see these negotiations lasting a while.

Agreed

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's all about guaranteed money these days. 5/60 doesn't matter much IMO, if the guaranteed dollars are under $15m or so. The thing is... to PREVENT DJax from "disappearing" from time to time, you want as big a disparity as possible between his guaranteed money and total money.

Frankly, I think the Eagles would go something like 5/60 in a New York minute if he'd take less than 25% of that guaranteed. But I assume Rosenhaus wants that guaranteed money over $20m.

ice grillin you

cobb got 5/63 for throwing three more ints than td's and a lot of the td's went to pimp

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Agree completely. QB's get more money than WR's by a big clip (and for good reason), but DeSean is an elite gamechanger and Kolb is not (at least not yet).

But again, it's the guaranteed money. Kolb got $21-$22m or so. No doubt that is the vicinity of what Rosenhaus wants for Pimp.

Drunkmasterflex

A wr no matter how good isnt getting starting qb money
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Pretty sure that's Banner's stance on the matter.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhanInDC

Lol at people comparing Holmes to Jackson. I'd pay Jackson a bunch more. One, he's younger, two never off field problems, and three Pump is a game change in multiple phases of the game. He's worth more than Holmes by quite a large margin, and taken as a whole he is obviously one of the top 5 most dynamic young players in the game. Cake him off, make him ridiculously happy for years.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.