Dallas - Rivalry Game

Started by ice grillin you, October 19, 2011, 10:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

That's the first 15 min. of sports talk radio I've listened to in about 5 years and now I know why. Fascinating hard boiled egg conversation.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

LOL.  Jeff From Philly keeping it real. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Damn, I missed it.  Recap por favor. 

Munson

Mikey Miss thought DH was pretty funny. Seemed to ask teh right questions to get the entire story out there...though in the end he ended up saying "maybe it's best to just leave people in other jersey's alone" or something like that. I don't know, I kinda phased out on that part since they hung up on him.

Sgt PSN

He hung up on DH after keeping him on hold for like 8 hours?  That's kind of funny*. 

And then Mike Miss actually suggested that people just leave opposing fans alone all together and just ignore them?  WTF?  That's part of the fun of being a visiting fan and why I love roadies so much.  If I was coming as a visiting fan to Philly, I'd be looking for the a-hole treatment.

* Since I'm laughing at you, the next game I go to I will bring a Corropolese tomato pie just for you as long as you don't punch me in the face**.
** And if you do punch me in the face, I'll call security now that they have you on record.***
*** I wouldn't really call security.

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 02, 2011, 06:10:40 PM
He hung up on DH after keeping him on hold for like 8 hours?  That's kind of funny*. 

And then Mike Miss actually suggested that people just leave opposing fans alone all together and just ignore them?  WTF?  That's part of the fun of being a visiting fan and why I love roadies so much.  If I was coming as a visiting fan to Philly, I'd be looking for the a-hole treatment.

* Since I'm laughing at you, the next game I go to I will bring a Corropolese tomato pie just for you as long as you don't punch me in the face**.

** And if you do punch me in the face, I'll call security now that they have you on record.*** 

*** I wouldn't really call security.

haha it wasn't like the ignorant hang out thing, it's just what all those sports talk guys do. Instead of giving you a chance to finish up and say goodbye they just say "Annnd thanks for your call! *blah blah blah*"

But yeah if I heard him correctly he was saying well what's the point of saying anything to the guy?...which is where I disagreed with him. It's shtein talking, it happens. It's not a big deal

Sgt PSN

I'm sure I know where he's going with it, saying that if fans keep to themselves there won't be any escalation that leads to violence at the stadium, which is probably true.  And if everyone just followed the law, there'd be no criminals. 

So if that's the case and if stadium fights/violence is what the Eagles are truly concerned with, then they should just put in a dress code that says you can't wear opposing team's gear into the stadium, because that's just as ridiculous as putting the cuffs on someone and booting them for talking a little smack. 

The real problem here is that the Eagles are basically targeting their own fans.  I'm curious if they ever have their undercovers dress up in Eagles gear and do the same thing to visiting fans.   

SD

I gave him Mike's full name and phone number, so he might have thought Jeff from Philly was an imposter. I didn't have time today to get back in touch with them or do a follow up. I'm gonna see what I can do about getting the audio since I missed it.

ice grillin you

like i said no one will care....maybe if you got arrested and rodney kinged...at minimum youd have to get your season tickets away

the undercover jersey thing has been going on forever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The point is it needs to stop.    If no one bothers to complain about it, it won't.     The Eagles are nothing if not cowardly when it comes to bad publicity, so if enough people raise a stink about it, there's at least a glimmer of a shot they'll change their policies.

ice grillin you

people bitched about for a couple years after it started....nothing happened and nothing will...

especially now with all the attention violence at sporting events and nfl games has gotten...in fact at this point it wouldnt suprise me to find out that even if teams wanted to stop doing this that the nfl would even allow them to

SD

How is dressing up in a TO Dallas jersey and soliciting negative responses helping to fight bad fan behavior? I'm missing the connection here.

ice grillin you

because they are trying to cut down on the knucklehead factor at games...and its knuckleheads that are going to go after visiting jerseys....take away season tickets from the kenzo mob at games = less violence

im not defending it...i wish there were more visitng team fan deaths at the linc...im just telling you that nobody cares and its not going to change because die hard got a warning