2006 Point & Laugh at the taterskins thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

qwert246

Quote from: FFatPatt on February 02, 2006, 12:15:31 PM
If you don't like it, leave.

I just come here for the hors d'oeuvres.  And for BigEd's colorful maps.

It's funny when this
Quote from: FFatPatt on February 02, 2006, 11:09:29 AM
Um, because they barely made it in the weak NFC.  The taterskins would have been 7-9 or worse in the AFC.
applies to 2005, but not 2004.  :-D :-D :-D
Back then I believe it was you only play who they put on the schedule. :boom
And this
Quote from: rjs246 on February 02, 2006, 11:50:00 AM
If the Eagles don't put 14 players on the inactive list/pup/injured reserve the taterskins don't win both of those games and they don't make the playoffs. The Eagles gift wrapped 2 extra wins for each of their NFC East opponents this year. I wouldn't brag too much about being the second best team in the division and barely getting into the playoffs.
Pretty sure I've read/heard something like this from every team in the league since...forever.

But I understand.  Pointing and laughing is easier than coming to grips with the harsh realities that face the Eagles next year.  I'll throw in a  ::) for good measure.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Eagles were 13-3 in 2004, including 2 losses where they benched the starters.  They won the division, the conference, and came within 3 points of the Super Bowl.

They might have been 11-5 in the AFC, but there is no doubt they would have made the playoffs either way.

The taterskins in 2005 are a different story.  They weren't exactly at the top of the weaker conference.

qwert246

Quote from: FFatPatt on February 02, 2006, 12:39:32 PM
The Eagles were 13-3 in 2004, including 2 losses where they benched the starters.  They won the division, the conference, and came within 3 points of the Super Bowl.
That's rich.

Feva

Quote from: qwert246 on February 02, 2006, 12:43:37 PM
That's rich.

That's also fact.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

qwert246

Quote from: EagleFeva on February 02, 2006, 12:45:13 PM
That's rich.

That's also fact.
Most people who payed attention realize they got outplayed and were never really in it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, getting outplayed by the best team in the league in the NFL championship game is akin to sneaking into the playoffs in the lesser of two conferences and proving complete offensive ineptitude against half-decent competition?

ice grillin you

yo skippy....the eagles were down by three with less than ten minutes to go
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Quote from: qwert246 on February 02, 2006, 12:53:25 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on February 02, 2006, 12:45:13 PM
That's rich.

That's also fact.
Most people who payed attention realize they got outplayed and were never really in it.

Right... because the whole thing about the only SB in history to be tied at the end of each quarter going into the 4th means they were really blown out.  Start making sense here, Charlie.

And it's not like they ever lead in the game or anything.  Oh, wait...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

qwert246

Quote from: FFatPatt on February 02, 2006, 12:56:32 PM
So, getting outplayed by the best team in the league in the NFL championship game is akin to sneaking into the playoffs in the lesser of two conferences and proving complete offensive ineptitude against half-decent competition?
They were able to rest their starters in 2004, coasted in a weaker NFC...
who cares if I think the Eagles were overrated?
This is killing this thread
Get back to pointing and laughing.

Feva

Quote from: qwert246 on February 02, 2006, 12:59:24 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on February 02, 2006, 12:56:32 PM
They were able to rest their starters in 2004, coasted in a weaker NFC...
who cares if I think the Eagles were overrated?
I'm getting killed in this thread
Get back to pointing and laughing.

I agree...

MURP

Feva

I'm still amazed that they managed to surprise him with that week 2 gatorade shower.  He soooooo should have seen that coming.

PoopyfaceMcGee

qwert246

Quote from: EagleFeva on February 02, 2006, 01:01:24 PM
I'm getting killed in this thread
Look.  Losing by three does not equal close.
BTW, they were down by 7 with 10 min left. 
They were down by 10 with 8 min left. 
They were still down by 10 with less than 6 min to go.
What game did you watch?