Kevin Curtis, Mormon & Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 15, 2007, 04:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on March 15, 2007, 04:54:59 PM
Stallworth had hamstring issues and the substance abuse stuff before the Eagles traded for him.    I guess they just wanted to trade away a draft pick for nothing.  Brilliant!!#(%*&@*(#%&(@#*%&

His year last year was a lot better than most Eagles 4th 3rd 2nd 1st round picks do their entire career.

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 15, 2007, 04:48:26 PM
Still a notch below Charles Johnson and Torrance Small, tho...

Spadaro compares Curtis & Stallworth:

QuoteHere is what some pro football personnel guy told me: Some people like Stallworth more and some like Curtis more. So, I take that to mean both are very comparable. Curtis has not had any injury problems, nor has he had any off-the-field issues.

That removes all doubt as to why the Eagles went strongly after Curtis but shied away from Stallworth.

Yet, they seem to love Buckhalter...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: EagleFeva on March 15, 2007, 05:01:35 PM

So much that they had RON fargING DAYNE in for a visit?

Quote from: King Cole on March 15, 2007, 05:02:35 PM
6 years 32 million 9.5 guaranteed

wow

Yep.  Schefter:

QuoteThe Philadelphia Eagles have reached an agreement with former St. Louis free agent WR Kevin Curtis on a six-year, $32 million deal that includes $9.5 million in guaranteed money. The Titans and Vikings made strong pushes for Curtis at the end, but he opted for the Eagles.

SD_Eagle5

I'd like to see how the contract is structured. Those numbers could be a bunch of shtein like the Stallworth numbers were.

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 15, 2007, 05:03:40 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on March 15, 2007, 05:01:35 PM

So much that they had RON fargING DAYNE in for a visit?

Don't get it twisted... I agree with you about the reasons why they wanted to get rid of Stallworth (as dumb as those reasons are).  It's just that it's funny as hell to me that they've let Buck stick around what 3 years after his "substance abuse" issues and his missing multiple SEASONS due to injury.

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 15, 2007, 05:03:14 PM
Quote from: King Cole on March 15, 2007, 05:02:35 PM
6 years 32 million 9.5 guaranteed

wow
Correct

Link

NOW HOW THE HELL ARE WE GONNA SIGN ANY GUYS ON DEFENSE?!?!?!?!?!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 15, 2007, 05:05:11 PM
I'd like to see how the contract is structured. Those numbers could be a bunch of shtein like the Stallworth numbers were.

Agreed.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 15, 2007, 05:05:11 PM

CURTIS GETS $9.5 MILLION GUARANTEED

Various outlets are reporting, and we have separately confirmed, that the contract that receiver Kevin Curtis signed with the Eagles includes $9.5 million in guaranteed money. 

Contrary to reports that the deal is worth $32 million over six years, we're told that the base number is a hair under $30 million, with $1 million salary escalators in each of the last two years of the deal that push the total value to just under $32 million.  The escalators, we're told, are easily reachable -- and are based on receptions.

Curtis also received a $7 million signing bonus.  The remainder of the guaranteed money comes from a fully-guaranteed base salary of $1 million in 2007 and $1.5 million in guaranteed base salary in 2008.  His total 2008 base salary is $2 million, and he's due to receive a $1.5 million roster bonus in March of next year.

The deal also has roster bonuses in future years and an annual $250,000 Pro Bowl incentive.

Per a league source, the decision came down to the Eagles and the Vikings.  Both made solid offers, but Curtis in the end opted for Philly, due in large part to the presence of coach Andy Reid and the string of success that the franchise has enjoyed on his watch.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

QuoteNOW HOW THE HELL ARE WE GONNA SIGN ANY GUYS ON DEFENSE?!?!?!?!?!

yeah like Juqua Thomas and Quentin Mikell!?

that Munson...always getting things right
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's really a reasonable deal for a productive starting receiver in the NFL.

Let's sit back and see if he fills that description.

ESPN's take

BigEd76

QuoteCurtis in the end opted for Philly, due in large part to the presence of coach Andy Reid

The Mormon angle

SunMo

he couldn't pass up the opportunity to go witnessin' with the coach

PoopyfaceMcGee

I knew Andy's Mormonism would pay off when the Eagles went hard after a top-quality Mormon free agent.

Which Mormons are coming available next off-season?

SunMo

somebody convince Lance Briggs to convert...ASAP