Lack of offensive enthusiasm

Started by MURP, September 14, 2005, 10:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Maybe it was just me, but did anyone see any players on the offense have any fire under em?   McNabb was forcing his smiles and complaining about something every now and then, but he was never really looking fired up.  TO was about as low key as I can remember seeing him.  Westbrook never showed any type of emotion good or bad.   Nothing from any Olineman that I saw either.  Somebody pretend to care. 

pinoyboy2pt0

Maybe the curb'd their enthusiasm.  :)

but yeah...O did look a little, 'going through the motions'.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

Diomedes

They seemed very unconcerned all of them, as though it was all well in hand.  And it wasn't.  On the one hand I was encouraged by that, on the other, they farging lost the game that the defense had fought so hard to keep close.

At this point, it's just the first game.  I'm not going to get too wound up over it.  But yeah, there weren't any fire in the offense.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

RezRob

We can blow out teams on a night when the passing game is clicking, then everyone is all smiles and happy, but when we get stopped we need a PWR running game. Maybe we could come out of the I-Formation a little bit, work the TEs. We didn't dictate to Atl, we reacted. Maybe that is what AR is talking about in postgame conf. We have too much talent for this lets take what the D gives us Shtein, lets do what we want and dare the D to stop us. The guys aren't into it because they weren't successful and their not exactly all pals.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

Cerevant

Quote from: MURP on September 14, 2005, 10:28:20 AM
Maybe it was just me, but did anyone see any players on the offense have any fire under em?
I had that exact thought when I saw the team wandering half-heartedly up to the LOS in the 4th quarter.  When is the last time this team had a 4th quarter come from behind win?  I wonder if they have it in them any more...
QuoteMcNabb was forcing his smiles...
Be careful - when IGY said that exact thing, it earned a  ::) from PG...

C
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

McNabb was forcing his smiles and complaining about something every now and then

this is exactly what i said and got pounded for it...how do you do it??

anyway i totally agree and this goes straight to the heart of the TO mcnabb feud...at this point ALL the people involved are being selfish aholes...and it needs to stop...as for the coach andy needs to take his cheessteak IV out for a minute go over get in someones grill piece and dead this shtein...NOW
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I think the offense might have felt a little too much pressure to just go out and perform because of the whole "TO saga."  It was their first game real game and it was on MNF so you know the whole world was watching. 

I honestly think that we'll see these guys not only on the same page this week and beyond, but I think we'll see a much more relaxed offense that's having fun

Mad-Lad

Westbrook cracked a few smiles, but you're right. It seemed like they were just kind of "going through the motions".  I'm also thinking it was a week one fluke and they'll get back to pounding defenses this weekend.  McNabb's smiling may have been forced because his natural reaction to his chest bruise is to wince.  Who knows?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Cerevant on September 14, 2005, 10:38:44 AM

C

Um, really? Where?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

The 4th quarter when they would get into 3rd down sitations the O just kind moped around and then would call a time out.   Very lazy looking from Reid on down to all the players on Offense. 

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 14, 2005, 10:40:39 AM
McNabb was forcing his smiles and complaining about something every now and then

magic crystals I bought at the dollar store.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 14, 2005, 10:42:19 AM
Quote from: Cerevant on September 14, 2005, 10:38:44 AM

C

Um, really? Where?

All you have to do is search all posts by PG for  ::) .  Have fun weeding through an infinity worth of pages.

PhillyGirl

Not the point. I am being accused of something I didn't do.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 14, 2005, 10:40:39 AM

anyway i totally agree and this goes straight to the heart of the TO mcnabb feud...at this point ALL the people involved are being selfish aholes...and it needs to stop...as for the coach andy needs to take his cheessteak IV out for a minute go over get in someones grill piece and dead this shtein...NOW

I agree.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

RezRob

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 14, 2005, 10:44:44 AM
Not the point. I am being accused of something I didn't do.

The State drops all charges against PG, case dismissed.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

Mad-Lad

JailBird-Man, your little line under your avatar can be read completely wrong.  You may want to re-word that.  :-D

QuoteI like Coach Reid's package... for me