What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

QuoteGuitarist Satriani sues Coldplay
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7766683.stm

Coldplay's song Viva La Vida is on the Grammys shortlist

Grammy nominees Coldplay have been sued by rock guitarist Joe Satriani, who claims the band's song Viva La Vida uses one of his riffs.

In court papers filed in Los Angeles on Thursday, he said the song used "substantial original portions" of his 2004 instrumental If I Could Fly.

Satriani, 52, wants a jury trial and is seeking damages and "any and all profits" for the alleged plagiarism.

Coldplay are shortlisted for seven Grammys, including song of the year.

Viva La Vida is credited to the band's four members - singer Chris Martin, bass player Guy Berryman, guitarist Johnny Buckland and drummer Will Champion.

The song's title was inspired by Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.

It appeared on the album Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends - which was released in June and went to number one in 36 countries - and was also one of their hit singles.

Satriani's track appears on his album Is There Love in Space?

comparison of two songs

mussa

anyone listen to Cat Power? The lead singer Charlyn Marshall has a super sexy voice and ain't too bad on the eyes either. I'm sort of obsessed actually

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

I'm a fan.  She's the real deal.  She does a wicked cover of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

on jukebox? i just got jukebox and just downloaded all her others...

apparently shes a drunken mess too
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

was, I thought

or has she been drinking again?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

Out plowing tonight, pumping some Whodini's greatest hits ;D

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

I can't download any of them? Do I need to sign up for anything?

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mussa on December 17, 2008, 10:47:20 AM

All you forgot was a "Please advise," and you're ready to write annoying emails at my office.

mussa

I do, then I get this:

QuoteFile Download:

This service is powered by sendspace, the file transfer network.

Sorry, the file you requested is not available.

Picked up Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information
Thrice - Live at House of Blues

mussa

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 17, 2008, 12:23:27 PM
Quote from: mussa on December 17, 2008, 10:47:20 AM

All you forgot was a "Please advise," and you're ready to write annoying emails at my office.

Your only alive to bother me and your living your life well

mussa

The Black Keys - Attack and Release

Diomedes

mussa

Yes, I was a fan of the older stuff and finally just got the new one. Excellent indeed.