What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 04, 2008, 01:48:26 PM
97.5 in Philly is already playing Christmas music

Not necessarily a bad thing. I have Fairytale of New York playing as my dial tone when people call me all year round!
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

shorebird

Rage Against The Machine

Good Evening
We just want to just quickly send a nice friendly message to the faternal order of police in Philadlephia..........
something nice and freindly....
something nice and freindly..........goes a little something like this..........

FARG THE POLICE..........

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: shorebird on November 09, 2008, 08:28:59 PM
Rage Against The Machine

Good Evening
We just want to just quickly send a nice friendly message to the faternal order of police in Philadlephia..........
something nice and freindly..........goes a little something like this..........

FARG THE POLICE..........

The best thing about their stance on Mummia Abu Jamal, is when they played in philly, and brought that up, the Boo's were amazing. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Quote"I remain innocent. A court cannot make an innocent man guilty. Any ruling founded on injustice is not justice. The righteous fight for life, liberty, and for justice can only continue." Mumia Abu-Jamal , Oct. 31, 1998

mussa

Rush - R30 was on Palladia(HDTV music channel) tonight...2 hrs of live Rush. Freaking amazing. One of the best bands of all time. Waaaay ahead of their time.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

A tip for you mussa: Rush is the kind of band that it's okay to like, I suppose, but it is def. not okay to tell people you like.  Other bands that fall squarely in this group are Meatloaf, Counting Crows, Dave Matthews Band, Live, and the Decembrists, to name a few.

You're welcome.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

Quote from: Diomedes on November 12, 2008, 06:59:54 AM
A tip for you mussa: Rush is the kind of band that it's okay to like, I suppose, but it is def. not okay to tell people you like.  Other bands that fall squarely in this group are Meatloaf, Counting Crows, Dave Matthews Band, Live, and the Decembrists, to name a few.

You're welcome.

I like Counting Crows and Live.  Even a few songs by DMB, Meatloaf and Rush.  Screw what's cool this week.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Rush has no business in being included in that list of bands, Dio.

Seriously.

SD_Eagle5

When I think of Rush I think 1 good song (Tom Sawyer) and a 1 armed drummer

Diomedes

Zanshin

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 12, 2008, 08:33:05 AM

Rush had a one armed drummer, too? Thought that was reserved for Def Leppard.

Zanshin

Quote from: Diomedes on November 12, 2008, 08:12:07 AM
You're very uncool.

Not much doubt about it. Don't care. I'd also posit that trying too hard to be cool is far worse than being uncool.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Zanshin on November 12, 2008, 08:39:27 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 12, 2008, 08:33:05 AM

Rush had a one armed drummer, too? Thought that was reserved for Def Leppard.

I thought they did but now that I'm going through their band their drummers (John Rutsey and Neal Pert) both have all their limbs. Well, maybe not Rutsey so much as he's 6 feet under